Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read elsewhere that a rider has done this as an alternative to installing a crash bar and then installing the highway pegs onto it. He did this because he is tall with long legs.

Your thoughts on this as a suitable alternative to installing a crash bar - in terms of effectiveness, safety and comfort for long legged beasts like us?

I am trying to picture the lower engine mount but cannot seem to distinguish it from the what I thought was only a single engine guard...

Can anyone provide pics of this lower engine guard?

And, recommend a set of suitable highway pegs that could mount onto this position?

Romper

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks pgougal.

I have the custom and hence no floorboards.

I do not have the crash bar, but want to use the lower engine mount to attach the hwy bars.

Anyone else offer suggestions.

Romper

·
Registered
698 Posts
The attachment to the lower mount looks a bit long to me and I'd worry about the amount of pressure going onto it. I guess if Kury sell them they must work though. As for pegs, I like their large iso pegs but a mate of mine prefers the trident iso for the added foot space. Crash bars give you a lot of options but I understand if you want to avoid the cost and don't fancy the look.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice choice.

Which choice of pegs do you think would suit this kit (that they offer):

Alligator Pegs (MC-4249), O-Ring Pegs (MC-3249) and Holey Pegs (MC-249)?

Romper

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot locate any pics of these holey pegs on their own and on a bike.

DO you have any pics/inks?

ROmper

·
Registered
412 Posts
A good view of the kit here: https://www.denniskirk.com/mc-enterprises/deluxe-highway-bars-with-holy-pegs.p494384.prd/494384.sku .

Couldn't find any pics of the holey pegs installed on a 900, but these show good views of how they would look: http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/71662-900-custom-highway-bars-pegs-pics.html

Personally, if I had the Iso grips I would choose the alligator pegs since they would look like a matched set. That's just me.

The rear brake MC and reservoir will cry for chrome covers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am keen to do the same sort of thing. I have no crash bars installed. I am just keen to find something that will allow me to put the feet about 3-4" further out than the brake pedal. A peg that can mount off the body would be ideal.

EDIT: The right hand side frame has no space to mount anything and having measured it, a peg coming off the front corner of the floorboard would work well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts