Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put the memphis shades fork lowers 14x5 on my 900 Kawasaki classic.Memphis shades said they dont make a kit for them.With all the 900 out there they just stated they dont make them?? Anyone mounted these, if so which mounting bracket did you use.Thanks for the help

·
Registered
154 Posts
Want to put the memphis shades fork lowers 14x5 on my 900 Kawasaki classic.Memphis shades said they dont make a kit for them.With all the 900 out there they just stated they dont make them?? Anyone mounted these, if so which mounting bracket did you use.Thanks for the help
Hi, I just ordered a set of mounting brackets and lowers for my 900 classic, I have a 14. the site I got them from says they only fit a 13, but since there is no change from the 13-14 in the fork setup I'm hoping I'm safe, I used MS part: Memphis Shades Lowers Hardware Polished - MEM9898

I've done some research online and am fairly sure I verified them to work. I will know 100% after tomorrow when they are delivered with the rest of this upgrade order :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Memphis shades lowers brackets

Great,I have 06 but they say the forks are the same?? If they work that would be good. Let me know Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Will do. I havent seen fork change that would make the lowers not fit an 06-15 but I can't be 100%, I mean we are supposed to take a manufacturers word on fitment but they take forever to update those for newer bikes,

MS seems to not be very helpful. When I was ordering my batwing and trying to get numbers for mounts and such they only listed up to 13, I emailed them and they said we havent tried it on a 14.... (its now 15, come on) I emailed them back to tell them it fit. thats kinda dumb. I ended up ordering it from my dealer because he had just the day before installed a kit on the same bike.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
What are the fork tube diameters on the 900? Anyone know?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mounting bracket 900 kawasaki

I took a zip tie and wrapped around the chome cover.Measured 2.5 inches.Not scientific but close?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes that mounting hardware works

photo included, I just put them on, no issues.

so Memphis Shades Lowers Hardware Polished - MEM9898 works proper for our forks.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fork mounting bracket

Allright.Good to know.Since Memphis Shades didnt KNOW.All I got from them was they dont have them for the 900 and didnt know what would fit??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Allright.Good to know.Since Memphis Shades didnt KNOW.All I got from them was they dont have them for the 900 and didnt know what would fit??
They work great btw. No buffeting at all on the hiway, took a 6 hour ride along the lake huron shore this morning and came back along the highways and feel great. Wore my full faced helmet, which usually likes to buffet around with any cause, and not one issue.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
...took a 6 hour ride along the lake huron shore this morning and came back along the highways...
Shut up! LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
"Okay, I'll shut up. I'm not one that has to keep talkin'. Some fellas just have to keep their mouths flappin', but not me! I was brought up right, my pa used to tell me "shut up" and I'd shut up! I wouldn't say nothin'! One time, darn-near starved to death -
Wouldn't tell him I was hungry! " - Foghorn Leghorn

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think National Cycle might make fork lowers for the 900. Also, there is/was a fellow that was on here a few years ago that makes/made lowers for the 900. Unfortunately I don't remember his name, but perhaps someone else who's done business with him will remember.

And here's a link to a site where they sell all sorts of fork lowers for the 900. Some are pricey and some are pretty reasonable.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/k...sic-lt-accessories/windshields/lowers?&nonwww

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
"Okay, I'll shut up. I'm not one that has to keep talkin'. Some fellas just have to keep their mouths flappin', but not me! I was brought up right, my pa used to tell me "shut up" and I'd shut up! I wouldn't say nothin'! One time, darn-near starved to death -
Wouldn't tell him I was hungry! " - Foghorn Leghorn
Oh man I miss those old cartoons! Foghorn Leghorn was one of my FAVORITES growing up. Especially the chicken hawk episodes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I got it.Using ms9898 mounting bracket with the ms large lowers.Getting one item from one dealer and one from another.Went with the ones offering free deilivery, MS items look to be all standard prices.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Another bonus now that you have the hardware coming, you can custom cut your own lowers from home depot plexi or similar :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts