Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellers,

I had recently purchased a cobra sissybar, and i think they sent me the wrong bolts because it will not fit over my chrome vender piece, i need to take it off still... anyone have any suggestions on getting this thing to fit right?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I recently mounted a sissy bar and had same issue but I think mine was because of the saddlebag supports. I removed the chrome pieces and it fits great now and I don't even notice the chrome is gone.

Just a suggestion.

Frank

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my saddlebag supports made mine seem a bit different in fitting, but i took off the chrome and i think i'll just put it on when i ride solo

·
Registered
953 Posts
call cobra and get the dimensions for the bolts that are "supposed" to go with the sissy bar. Take one of the ones they sent you to home depot and see if it matches, if not just buy the right ones there. I have done this at least 5 times with various add ons. Home depot and Ace Hardware have pretty good selections.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what it sounds like i need to do.. The closest ace hardware is 2 hours away.. so looks like i will get a ride tomorrow

·
Registered
953 Posts
thats what it sounds like i need to do.. The closest ace hardware is 2 hours away.. so looks like i will get a ride tomorrow
Ouch, where do youl live? If you get me the size i could mail them to you , but from hawaii that would be about 5-7 days. lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi fellers,

I had recently purchased a cobra sissybar, and i think they sent me the wrong bolts because it will not fit over my chrome vender piece, i need to take it off still... anyone have any suggestions on getting this thing to fit right?
Here are some photos of a cobra sissybar and rack. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch, where do youl live? If you get me the size i could mail them to you , but from hawaii that would be about 5-7 days. lol
I live on the southern oregon coast.. We have an ACE hardware, but they dont carry bolts and nuts, I checked with a True Value and they dont have it either, so i'm going ride to eugene and take a peek there. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I added the same cobra item, came with the bolts required.

Added the oem saddlebage support later, came with the bolts needed. But, the fit needed a little pressure to line up. Not a lot thou.

My trim pieces are on

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Have you called Cobra directly yet? Why not just ask 'em to ship the right bolts? I bought a used setup, and even having to order the right bolts/spacers, they shipped 'em to me for around... 11 bucks or so. (can't remember exactly) Plus, I had 'em in 2 business days.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've got the ones that came with my Cav Customs sissy bar. They're chrome-plated Allen-head, and I know they'll work because the front ones threaded through far enough to hit fender. You're welcome to 'em if you want 'em. I live in southern ID, so you'd have 'em in a couple days.

...if I can round up all four of 'em, that is :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts