Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: how is it mounted does it go over the plastic chrome strips do i need to get spacers remove the mounting strips ?? any one who has put these on please let me know

·
Registered
263 Posts
It has been a while, but I think that I got some spacers with mine.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yes, there are 4 spacers. 2 of one size for the front, 2 of another for the back. You should also have 4 extended bolts, same as the spacers, 2 of one size for the front and 2 of another for the back. Also, the mounting brackets are intended to be installed on the outside of the chromed accent pieces. There is a guy who has mounted them INSIDE the chrome strips over on kawasaki.org I think. You can search for his thread there, but it involves reversing the brackets and bending them a bit.

If you go to cobra's website, you can download a .pdf of the standard installation instructions, and I know from experience that to order a set of the spacers will cost ya around 25 bucks American, so they're not too costly.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for looking imto that i guess i will need to order those spacers it seems to be the item im missing

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
http://www.cobrausa.com/

Go there, look up the brackets, and you can d/l a .pdf file for installation that should have that info. Most of the vendors that sell the brackets give ya access as well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info sketso i did it the impatient way and got some hardware from lowes cause i didnt feel like ordering them from cobra and waiting or spending the money got new bolts and the stuff to space it out for 5 bucks ..... thanks again for the info its made easy work of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts