Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ride back from Fuquay-Varina earlier today, we came up behind a Harley and a BMW on US 321 between Elizabethton,TN and Boone,NC. Granted, this IS a very beautiful mountain ride, but it is also a US highway. If you cannot ride with the flow of traffic, do what the wife and I do: PULL OVER and let traffic pass.
Last time I checked, it IS illegal to operate an unlicensed parade in TN.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Those are REAL nice roads around Boone!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on up/down and ride with us ! We know back roads where there is very little traffic, you can do this type of slow cruise, enjoy the scenery and NOT back up traffic.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hey Mark,

Did you get within striking distance?:D

On the 3 sisters here in TX last year, I had a group of sportbikes come up from behind.
The first three or four didn't wait for anything to pass.
The next couple got up close (within striking distance) and I pulled to the side and slowed a little so they could get by.

The last guy never would get close. After a few miles, I gave the kid a break and pulled to the side and slowed nearly to a stop.

If you were too far off their bumper, they may have thought you were happy going the same speed as them.

Scott

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They had to have seen that F350 in front of me trying pass them. He finally passed the back one, took FOREVER to get around the Harley. It took me MILES to get around the BMW in the rear, hauling a tent and every thing but the kitchen sink. Now that I think about it, those oversized aluminum hard bags COULD have held a kitchen sink !

Uh, that BMW knew quite well I was trying to pass, as I'd straddle the center line constantly, jump back to my lane as oncoming traffic approached. When I finally WAS able to pass, that left the wife stranded behind them in her new Camaro. I got to the bottom of the mountain and waited a LONG time for all three of them. Pic of her new car attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yeah, Some people are just @sshats.

I saw a video on youtube once, shot from a Harley in a group of about 10 bikes.
You could see the yellow stripes lazily passing by. They couldn't have been been going more than 30 or so.

A little Miata or something passed all 10 bikes in a straight away; and you could here the rider cussing them, and saying he was trying to kill em. LOL!

We bitch about cagers a lot; but there are plenty of problems on two wheels too.

Ride safe
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
This area of Texas has been promoted as a "retirement area". Our problem here is the "blue hairs". Actually, I'm proud they can still get around. I'm sure their kids are also, so I just have to exercise a little patients.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Yeah, it can be a little annoying!

I live out in that place everyone from the city comes to to ride! So sometimes, I'm just commuting, putting around, and these little sportbikes from the suburbs and the city come buzzing by me, in my lane, around a corner! Sheesh! I'd be glad to get over, just give me a little flash with your headlight! (That mode on most cars and some bikes where you can push a button or pull back a handle to temporarily turn on the high beams is called 'flash to pass' for a reason!)

Oh well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts