Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't have asked for a prettier day to ride today. Jackets and gloves first thing in the morning, short sleeves mid afternoon.
Rode from east of Johnson City,TN northeast to Shady Valley,TN, up into VA, east a bit before heading south back into NC, then southwest back to TN
Ate our usual fare of Vienna sausages next to another remote church alongside another stone-lined creek.
LOTS of Christmas trees covering the mountainsides of NC, all planted in neat rows, being sprayed by Mexicans.
Stumbled across an old ESSO station in western NC, hadn't seen one of those in decades.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Great weather indeed. We got up early and rode from NW GA over into NE AL.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Sounds great. here it's already 80 degrees by 8 am. It doesn't stop me from riding just complaining. I guess it's a trade off cause when you northern boys have snow on the ground we don't and can still ride.

·
Registered
641 Posts
exactly where did your route take ya'll? You GOTTA post pics, I'm a visual kind of guy, want to see if I recognize anything.
Mark,

We rode from Cartersville via Hwy 293 (Kingston Hwy) west over to Rome, took Hwy 20/Hwy 9 into AL, then north on Hwy 35 into Fort Payne. Great coffee/food place in downtown called The Spot Coffee Cafe. We took Hwy 35 South, and left on state Hwy 89 (Desoto Pkwy) over to Mentone. South on Hwy 117/48 back to Summerville and Hwy 27S and Hwy 140E over to Adairsville. Sorry, no pics

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On hwy 11 through Ft. Payne, seems there's a red light at EVERY corner ! When we ride 11, we jump on the interstate to bypass Ft. Payne, get back on 11 outside of town.

·
Registered
641 Posts
On hwy 11 through Ft. Payne, seems there's a red light at EVERY corner ! When we ride 11, we jump on the interstate to bypass Ft. Payne, get back on 11 outside of town.
Rome, GA is the same way. They make sure you have to stop at as many redlights as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts