Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
If you have a budget that is limited, maybe you buy that lift. Personally, the Handy lifts are the only ones I would own. This link has what they sell that is similar to the one you are considering:

http://www.handyindustries.com/products/sam-1000-air-lift

It costs over twice as much. However, as usual, "you get what you pay for". Handy lifts are U.S. made and they don't malfunction. This is why you see them in the pit area of MOTO GP race teams and in repair shops.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Just a question how do you get the wheels up for like a tire change with them tables?

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Handy makes a model that has a front and rear drop down leaf. So you still would have to use a jack to prop the front or rear, but the drop down feature (like what Vulcar's has) allows unobstructed access to remove a tire or suspension, etc.

I like these lifts for the same reason as Vulcar, you can do the work without stooping or kneeling. But right now I don't have space for one. I almost bought a demo model at the IMS several years ago. My wife would have had a fit, but if I had room, I would have bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
HF Lift table

I went with HF lift table with their wheel chock. To change a tire you'll have to use a scissor jack to lift and stablize either the front or rear. If changing the front I can remove the wheel chock (once you use the scissor jack to lift/stabilize). The rear has a drop out panel. Works great. Look for a coupon in most motorcycle magazines for $299.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
right on!

I went with HF lift table with their wheel chock. To change a tire you'll have to use a scissor jack to lift and stablize either the front or rear. If changing the front I can remove the wheel chock (once you use the scissor jack to lift/stabilize). The rear has a drop out panel. Works great. Look for a coupon in most motorcycle magazines for $299.
And subscribe to their online catalog. I bought mine there, also the front chock, but also used an additional online 25% off coupon!

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have seen the one at harbour freight and i have also looked at the one in PrincessAuto, i think they are exactly the same, or at least made from the same manufacturer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't get either of them. HF won't ship to me and princess auto dosn't Cary the lift in store and shipping is $249! I even tried buying the motorcycle jack from Canadian tire the other day and it's not wide enough to lift my bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Well that looks like a nightmare, just two supports a little rocky
I use that jack on my lift table so I can remove the rear tire. It's very stable. Creates a 3 point stand (front wheel in a chock, then the jack).

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can ship to a holding warehouse in Lewiston,Niagara Falls or Buffalo. Then a quick trip down to pick up and you are done.,but maybe you have already thought of this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can ship to a holding warehouse in Lewiston,Niagara Falls or Buffalo. Then a quick trip down to pick up and you are done.,but maybe you have already thought of this.
i have never head of that before. hw do you go abouts doing that and is it cheaper then shipping right to your home?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts