Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about documentary type movies of bike trips and adventures, not Wild Hogs type movies(although it was funny). A friend/co-worker let me borrow one he recently got called "One Crazy Ride" 5 friends take off on uncharted roads in northeast India on 500cc Royal Enfields, no film crew, no back up vehicles, just an all out adventure. If anyone has any adventurous spirit left this is a must watch DVD. Here's a link to the trailer on youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb4558ym5w

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh come on, add in Wild Hogs, also Ghost Rider (over rated, but it had a bike in it!!). Never watched Easy Rider, though I am a Jack Nicholson fan. Just not that many out there, ya know.

Will check the youtube. When I was "Winging" it, had chance to ship bike to Germany and do a cross country 3 week trip, found out that I was moving the next year so could not afford, but that driving foreign lands and adventuring would be a great thing. I was able to ship my bike over, there were families along the way that would provide a bed and food, a really neat thing. Amazing how much biking opens up doors sometimes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some of my favs:

Beyond the Law
Stone Cold
Running Cool
Mad Max (the film that first got me interested)
Chrome Soldiers (ok, that one sucked)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Stone Cold sounds familiar, do not remember for sure though. And Mad Max, forgot all about that one.

Pretty bad when you watch a movie solely due to the ride. I did that when the new Camaro was made, Transformers.....what a car!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Long way round, Long Way Down and World's Fastest Indian are 3 of my favourite "Documentary" type movies.
I only bought a copy of Easy Rider last year and to tell you the truth I was not impressed

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm talking about documentary type movies of bike trips and adventures, not Wild Hogs type movies(although it was funny). A friend/co-worker let me borrow one he recently got called "One Crazy Ride" 5 friends take off on uncharted roads in northeast India on 500cc Royal Enfields, no film crew, no back up vehicles, just an all out adventure. If anyone has any adventurous spirit left this is a must watch DVD. Here's a link to the trailer on youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkb4558ym5w
I think your thread has been hijacked KsVn900......sorry.

My favorite was "ON ANY SUNDAY". I don't remember who made it but it was mainly about dirt bikes and the various types of racing and events one might find them in. Hill climbs, Baja race, scrambles, etc. A great movie of a long past era. (It had Steve McQueen and Malcolm Smith in it)

Rent it at netflix and you'll be glad you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts