Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a career change and I'm thinking about going to mechanic school. The only ones I've done any research on are Penn-Foster (no) and MMI. MMI looks pretty cool, but talking to the guy in the service dept. at the dealership, it sounds like there are more cost effective ways to go.

Any one have any experience or recommendations I could look into?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Being retired i would really like to go to m/c school with ya.. maybe that way everytime i work on my bike i wouldnt have to do it 3-4 times. Bulldozer, sorry i couldnt help with any recomendations..

·
Banned
254 Posts
This is my advice, go to the best mechanics school you can afford. Even if you have to borrow extra for the BEST schooling and education, it's well worth it. And getting a trade is the best decision you can make. Good mechanics are in high demand and it all starts with a good school.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my advice, go to the best mechanics school you can afford. Even if you have to borrow extra for the BEST schooling and education, it's well worth it. And getting a trade is the best decision you can make. Good mechanics are in high demand and it all starts with a good school.
That was my thinking (still is, pretty much), but after talking to the guy at the dealership (who I trust), I think I need to do some investigating. He mentioned a couple other schools that don't cost as much and have quality programs.

His one gripe about MMI (other than price) is that, being factory sponsored, they have brand new motors on stands to work on. Something you'll never do in the real world. Kinda makes sense in a way. On the other hand, knowing what they look like inside & out in perfect condition should be a good thing, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts