Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isn't the best one out there, but Kragen currently has the 1500 lb Powerbuilt Motorcycle/ATV Lift on clearance for $45. The only negative on it appears to be that you have to tie down your bike after it is lifted.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looked for Kragen, sent to o'rielly, o'rielly owns lots of stores, if jack is blue, 1500lb, acdelco. check rail pad size 11 5/8', measure frame rails from out side to outside and give 1/2 ' over lap for saftey, I believe our frames are 13 inches, could be wrong, may be using cheap measuring tape, tie downs are always important to prevent tip over.

·
Registered
719 Posts
You should never lift the bike without a tiedown. The yellow 1500# lift from Harbor Freight fits the 900 frame. I got it for $59....and the tie downs worked out to be in the perfect position.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also got the Harbor Freight lift recently for $59 with coupon. Thought I was going to have to make an adapter to fit lower frame rails due to engine oil pan being lower than rails. Also thought the lift pads may not be wide enough to reach across rails. Tried the lift this weekend without trying the tie downs yet and found if I place the rear pad of lift rearward under the swingarm connection that front pad hits in an area where there is nothing below the frame. Also found the lift pads extend about half an inch either side of the lower bike frame. This seems to be a pretty good lift for $59 but I want to be cafeful and not blow out the seals on the cylinder that many Sears lift users have complained about so do not leave weight on the cylinder any longer than needed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I found a shop scissor jack from below that I am getting, just to hold the bike up for cleaning and to get one wheel at a time up, don't really have room for yet another big piece of gear and this one is compact and will lift any frame.

http://weliftmotorcycles.com/scissorjack.htm

may be able to put on tie downs but most of the time i just need it held upright for oil change cleaning, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts