·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the distance between the 2 supporting parts is about 10inch center to center so it should be good! ( better than the older version? i saw older post and members need to modify the jack ) the only bad ting is the Lift range of 11.7 to 36.8 cm (4-5/8" to 14-1/2") ( a bit low.)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought one of those but when I went to use it the first time it didn't seem to be wide enough for my V900. I took it back. Ymmv.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have not try it? According to my tape line it will fit! Or I'm wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
394 Posts
That looks like a slightly beefed-up, improved, different Chinese manufacturer version of the U.S. Harbor Freight lift, which is pretty much an indispensable tool for those who know how to use it:

Heck, at $65.00, you should just get it and if you don't use it or can't find a use for it, sell it for what you paid.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes!! Good one!! Its a very cheap price!!. I'm very to cheap my self! Hehe

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
I saw that today as well but thought to myself when would I ever use that? Only time I can think of is doing maintenance on the brakes. It wouldn't be good for storing because the suspension would be in compressed. I'm wondering if I should buy as well

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Jack

I saw that today as well but thought to myself when would I ever use that? Only time I can think of is doing maintenance on the brakes. It wouldn't be good for storing because the suspension would be in compressed. I'm wondering if I should buy as well

It lifts the bike by the frame, under the engine, you can get both tires off the ground easily. Suspension is at full extension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why would you need both tires off the ground? All the maintenance would really be done on the kickstand. I guess it's easier on the stand though. I guess for the price why not. This is my first cruiser and first belt drive bike so I still need to do some research on what kind of maintenance I will be doing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought one of those but when I went to use it the first time it didn't seem to be wide enough for my V900. I took it back. Ymmv.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Motorcycle.com Free App
I just bought one, and you are wright those lift are not wide enough for our vn900! ( 11'' wide ) but I will mod it at this price I will keep it! ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice one jhonathan978!! where did you bought this!??

·
Registered
166 Posts
It works perfect for my 1500 MS I bought it harbor fright tools I believe that's the name of the place with tax and two year replacement warranty came out to 215.00 well worth it i will never need to bend down again so it worth every penny

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Canadian tire lift, its about 5 years old. I use a couple of small blocks of wood to keep from lifting on the engine. Other than that it works just fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use my harbor freight one to change oil, clean the wheels and general work. It is a tool I am very glad I purchased. Just make sure what you purchase will roll under the bike. I roll mine under the right side as the bike is leaning on the stand. Once I cannot push any further, I pull the bike towards me using the handle bar until it is level, push the lift a little further towards the stand and then lift. If you have it properly positioned, the bike will raise the front and back wheels evenly and will be pretty much level.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts