Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a motorcycle jack for my 2018 Vulcan S. I noticed the exhaust sits a bit low and was worried it wouldn’t sit level on a stand. I have to change out the front tire and replace the clutch cover plate after a slight disaster. Any help on using the motorcycle stand I would appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. After a slight disaster!!! I had it when I break my own toys. First thing on the jack is make sure it is wide enough to lift by the frame. If it goes accross and needs to be raised some jacks have adapters. If no adapters are available, some members use wood or metal pieces to reach the frame rails. I have a large jack and ended up using hockey pucks that I JB welded to the jack. Works great. Here is a search of the forum for lifts. Thanks again for joining the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
431 Posts
My 900 pound plus HD on a cost effective Habor Frieght jack. I've used it on many bikes without an issue. @Tourer is correct to make sure it's wide enough and the use of hockey pucks is a good idea.

Many different sources, but this is mine. There's normally a coupon out there you can use. I paid $49 for mine, I'm cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts