1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
THANK YOU! I just ordered mine. Great deal. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got that jack and haven't had any problems with it yet. Haven't tried it on the VV though. As with any jack do familiarize yourself with how fast it will descend so you don't get a rude surprise... I don't recall offhand if it is slower with a slight press of the pedal or a full press. Bookmark this link, the "wiki" area of this thread lists lots of current deals and coupons. I checked to see if they had a printable one for in-store use to save on shipping but I didn't find any.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1276399

·
Registered
291 Posts
measure the frame tubes under the bike that the jack will be making contact with on lift. The VV and nomads are wider than most bikes. 13 1/4" is about the width of the frame tubes end to end. as is the contact area of the pads on the lift. thats cuttin it kind a close.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
measure the frame tubes under the bike that the jack will be making contact with on lift. The VV and nomads are wider than most bikes.
I did, it's well under 13 inches.

I'm correcting myself.lol It's only 12 inches tube center to center. Well, guess to be safe I'll extend it with plywood or something. I'm still glad I prdered it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
POW,

I got the flyer in the mail today. It had the coupon in the flyer but said you could use code online. I ordered mine earlier today it only cost $10.00 to ship to Buckingham, so I didn't even bother going to pick it up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cool, for as heavy as it is I didn't think the shipping would be that cheap. I had picked mine up in store a little over a year ago with a coupon for either the same price or $69, forget which. If people don't trust the Harbor Freight brands (sometimes for good reason) watch for sales at auto shops like Pep Boys and similar, especially in the holiday season a few months from now. In another motorcycle forum I frequent there was a good thread about jacks, many had picked up decent jacks from Pep Boys for about the same price when they were on sale.

Also watch for coupons/sales on the Harbor Freight front wheel stand, the black metal one item 97841. Will slide around on a garage floor if you don't bolt it down or put a mat underneath it, but it's a good investment for times you don't want or need to lift the bike. Just takes a couple extra washers to take some slack out of the design and it is pretty solid. Haven't rolled my VV into it yet but I would expect it to work.

I rolled through Buckingham via 202 on my way up to NY last Friday. In my car and not on the VV though, knowing I was going to be driving back through Irene on Saturday night.

·
Registered
644 Posts
measure the frame tubes under the bike that the jack will be making contact with on lift. The VV and nomads are wider than most bikes. 13 1/4" is about the width of the frame tubes end to end. as is the contact area of the pads on the lift. thats cuttin it kind a close.
My floor jack is just like that one. The jack I have has a metal rod section welded to the end of the lift pads. These fit perfectly under the VV frame. Very stable.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Cool, for as heavy as it is I didn't think the shipping would be that cheap. I had picked mine up in store a little over a year ago with a coupon for either the same price or $69, forget which. If people don't trust the Harbor Freight brands (sometimes for good reason) watch for sales at auto shops like Pep Boys and similar, especially in the holiday season a few months from now. In another motorcycle forum I frequent there was a good thread about jacks, many had picked up decent jacks from Pep Boys for about the same price when they were on sale.

Also watch for coupons/sales on the Harbor Freight front wheel stand, the black metal one item 97841. Will slide around on a garage floor if you don't bolt it down or put a mat underneath it, but it's a good investment for times you don't want or need to lift the bike. Just takes a couple extra washers to take some slack out of the design and it is pretty solid. Haven't rolled my VV into it yet but I would expect it to work.

I rolled through Buckingham via 202 on my way up to NY last Friday. In my car and not on the VV though, knowing I was going to be driving back through Irene on Saturday night.
I bought that wheel chock for my nomad. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. Then I discovered that the front wheel was bigger than the 22" max diameter that the stand will accommodate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought that wheel chock for my nomad. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did. Then I discovered that the front wheel was bigger than the 22" max diameter that the stand will accommodate.
Hmm... I'll have to look at that since I haven't tried it with the VV yet. I had bought it to use on the two bikes I had at the time, an '03 Suzuki VS1400 and a '77 Kawasaki KZ400. No problems with either of those but yeah a much smaller tire on the KZ400 and somewhat smaller (although still pretty big) tire on the VS1400. I'll look into it and report if I can find a way to make it work. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good luck. I wanted something to hold the bike upright just to do some maintenance and cleaning. Some things are easier when it's off the kick stand.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Harbor Freight is having a sale on motorcycle jack.Follow the link add it to cart and use coupon code 74997056 to get $40.00 off. Final cost is $59.00

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb...lift-2792.html
Well I got the MC Floor Jack in today and put it together. It does work very well on my VV. You don't even have to hold the bike to vertical position before you start to raise it. It does it for you. The lifting pads stick out a 1/2 inch on each sides. I only took it to the first lock position and the wheels were off the floor about 3 or 4 inches. Very stable, and when ready it lets the bike down easy. I'm very happy with it(especially for that price,thanks to "none"), just wish it was made in the US.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Whining, complaining, moaning. You can't get a $59 motorcycle lift made in the US. If you want to support Americans jobs then you have to buy American products. Go buy a Harley. You are the cause of your whining.
Someone piss in your Wheaties this morning Tex?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
165 Posts
the voyager will fit the chock snuggly if you move the nose adjusting pin full forward. i found it to be easier to back the bike out by moving the nose pin back to the third hole. the wheel is not as deep in the chock, and is less stable side to side, but sure does back out alot easier

1 - 15 of 15 Posts