Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just starting out as a motorcycle rider, and don't know how to start?

Motorcycle.com presents a new series of articles illustrating the experiences a typical new rider goes through. We'll go through getting licensed, getting riding gear, receiving proper training, and follow the experiences of a new rider.

And don't forget to read the advice from our experienced VulcanForums members in the New Riders forum.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I appreciate you posting the beginner series. Very useful info. Trying to learn all I can before taking my first big ride.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great idea!

These lessons are a great idea. I wish they'd had this series online when I started riding street bikes. However, there's no substitute for an MSF or other training class. I took the beginning class, and then took the experienced rider's course--once before I broke my arm, once after I broke my arm, and once on a larger bike. It's really fun and you can do the practice exercises they teach you anytime on your own. My husband and I even bought the MSF group riding video when we rode across country so we could learn to use hand signals. And no, I didn't break my arm on the motorcycle.

I am always surprised at how many people are taking the safety classes in San Angelo. Too bad there isn't one designed to protect motorcycle riders from car drivers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, I'm definitely going to take an MSF. My brother and a friend of mine are planning on taking it with me as a refresher and the insurance discount. Any recommendations on an MSF in the Houston area?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all im am i guess not even new yet, I take my MSF on July 14th. My question is what should i pay for a new Vulcan900 classic LT ? Thats the bike after months of reshearch that seems to fit my needs 1. i am 6' 1, 32 inch inseam, weigh 250, and Liquid cooled, And it has the things i want as stock items. but i would like to be out the door at no more than say 9300-9500 is that realistic ? Is it poss to get it for less ? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a like new 2007 Vulcan 900 Classic with very low miles from a cycle shop for less than five grand. I have ridden that bike all over the Texas Hill Country two up with no problems. I just saw this low miles 2007 on Craigslist for much less. The deals are out there
and as soon as you over pay at a dealership it becomes used as soon as you move it from the lot.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5063043161.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts