Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all

After I've got my 2005 V2K last year in September and I updatet a lots I like to instal a alarm system.

I'm not sure what to buy. Some people say Scorpio, some say Gorilla, other say a Disclock is enough...........:confused:

Please give me some advice.

Many thanks

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Just get insurance and stop worrying. If you surround it with concrete blocks and steel plates with five locks on each door, motion sensors, thermal sensors and armed guards, someone out there will figure a way to steal it if they decide they want it bad enough.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hell Old G. quit frettin aint that many folks got the gumption to even get on a bike as big as the BEAST let alone ride it somewhere... Save your money, donate to the Bulldozer club...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Security

Old G, if you need a comfort level like I did then get the security system, as the other guys have indicated if someone wants it bad enough they will take it, but this will help you sleep at night when the bike is down three floors and around the back of the hotel.

I installed a Scorpio SR-i500SW on my 06 V2K Classic LT about $325 shipped to Calgary. I like the system it has different modes of alarm, a vibrate and sound remote good for a long long distance and the whole system hides under the seat area.

The down side to an alarm system is its aways on, because the key is off when it needs to be functional, so for long down times (a week or more) or winter storage, I have a small wall plug trickle charger tied into my battery with a quick connect, else it will kill the battery.

PS, I mounted the main unit box between the battery box and the rear tire plastic shield with two sticky sided velcro for easier mounting and lack of room under the seat, the proximity sensor will velcro on top of the battery box lid, directly under the riders seat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use a Garmin Zumo 550 for my gps needs, but no wheel locks, just the steering lock as I have the Scorpio system. The GPS system and iPod are tie together with an Autocom AVI Pro 300 Kit Duo intercom system with the head sets custom fitted into Bell Mag8 helmets. A lot of thinking went into fitting the security and intercom under the rider set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts