Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to figure out a way to make a poll to see which 10w-40 full synthetic brand of oil even one uses or prefers, I know each brand has a few different types as well! Poll away!

Royal purple
Amsoil
Lucas
Valvoline
Mobile 1
Castrol
Rotella
Other

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I was trying to figure out a way to make a poll to see which 10w-40 full synthetic brand of oil even one uses or prefers, I know each brand has a few different types as well! Poll away!

Royal purple
Amsoil
Lucas
Valvoline
Mobile 1
Castrol
Rotella
Other

Use one designed for slip clutches only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts

Royal purple
Amsoil
Lucas
Valvoline
Mobile 1
Castrol
Rotella
Other
Why don't you just type OIL into the search box and read the past 50 thousand or so previous expert opinions on oil?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Personally, I’m not that picky about the brand of oil I use. I use a semi or full synthetic and change it every 3,000 miles or so. IMO, it’s better for my engine to put fresh oil in more often than it does to buy the most expensive oil I can find.

·
Registered
22 Posts
im not brand loyal, whatever is correct minimum spec or above and is on offer whenever i look. change oil atleast twice a year and usually have a gallon in garage waiting.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I refuse to contribute to yet another endless oil thread :freaked-out:

Not trying to be nasty but as suggested above you might want to do a search. You'll spend days reading the nearly endless stream of posts on the subject and will learn all you need to know about motorcycle engine oil, both fact and fiction. The trick is knowing which is fact vs. fiction and if you ask you'll get just as many contradicting points of view about that too :surprise:

·
Registered
904 Posts
As I said before, I just used the Kawasaki oil from my dealer. It's cheaper priced than off the shelf, quality branded synthetics in my area and the oil filter is the same price or less also.
It’s only 2 quarts and I know my warranty is fine with using it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As I said before, I just used the Kawasaki oil from my dealer. It's cheaper priced than off the shelf, quality branded synthetics in my area and the oil filter is the same price or less also.
It’s only 2 quarts and I know my warranty is fine with using it.
I have Amsoil and a Wix filter set aside for my winter change... but I think I'll go to the dealer after that and use their synthetic next year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why don't you just type OIL into the search box and read the past 50 thousand or so previous expert opinions on oil?
I agree with the sentiment, but forum searches don't work well. You see a thousand threads and then have to read 60 post thread about oil choices.

Can we have a handful of stickies for Oil, Led turn signals, "Should fluid come out of these vent tubes?", Exhausts rundown, etc. ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rotella....1000 percent. 900 custom and 1600 mean streak both run best with this product. Smoothest shift, least amount of engine noise ticks etc.... Good running temperature on the engine, It's got a good lifespan and the price is great

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rotella....1000 percent. 900 custom and 1600 mean streak both run best with this product. Smoothest shift, least amount of engine noise ticks etc.... Good running temperature on the engine, It's got a good lifespan and the price is great

Which Rotella? The 5w-40 or the 15w-40?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use 5w 40...I'm in ohio....hot in the summer but not down south or out west hot so its plenty thick enough. Have 900 custom and 1600 mean streak

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put the T6 5w-40 in my 2014 900 Classic LT. Seems to shift and run fine. When I had an air cooled 1600 Roadstar, I used the Rotella T 15W-40. Never had any issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts