Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the MotoMaster jack from Canadian Tire for $59.99 and it doesn't fit the Custom frame. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is the jack too tall or pads not long enough? I just measured my Voyager the other day and found the pads are long enough but the jack is a tad tall to roll under the low side. Kind of figured I would have to tilt the bike up to slide the jack under. Sounds like a fun time without a second to help out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have to tilt the bike up alone to get the jack under just put a block of wood (or something) under the kickstand to raise it to the height you need.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I roll my wheels up onto 2 short 2x4 and 2 under the kickstand and the jack just fits. I have a 09 Classic LT and the grease zerks that are under there makes it hard to find a good solid balancing point. I'm not for sure but I think Kawi might have fix that problem on the newer models.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I line up my lift and put it under the bike till it bumps the fram on oposite side, then pull bike up to vertical and push lift under other side. I then eye ball it to insure that it is solid on both sides and pump it up. Taking bike off is pretty much the same thing, just don't forget to put the stand down !

·
Registered
286 Posts
Got the same jack a few months back, same problem. Pads too short for the V2K, and lil bro's 1500. Easy fix. Went to metal shop picked up 1 1/2 x 3 u channel. cut them to 16'" drill holes, install 4" bolts w/locknuts. works great.
Total extra around $20.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had bought a couple of jacks, and had the problem that Dutch fixed. But the other problem I had is that the pads were too close together and couldn't find a spot that either wasn't hitting the grease zerks or hitting the bottom of the engine casting.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This jack works great!! I had most of the parts, so the cost was zip!! Added the custom handle for cool factor.:) Thanks again to my Vulcan bros for another great idea!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts