Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Nice looking bike, I have to wonder, does the cylinder heads cook your knees?
I'talian. just another way to say sexy. the goose is a classic. I've had two and considered a third but got distracted. the new v7 stone is a great city bike and day rider. Took it for a test run and didn't come bak till it needed another tank of gas. still 10k for a 700 is too steep. loved the bike, would have given 8k otd.
Another day/yr I test rode the new 1400 Cali. Now this is a real bike. One more time I kept it for hours thrashing it thru the curves. It will bend, it will go. It is smooth n powerful. I just couldn't plunk 16k for this bare bike. But it is sexy as hell. guzzi oozes sex.
and NO the heads don't burn yor knees. In fact the cooling is so good you can keep a gloved hand on them all the time. One day I will own another goose. poncho

J

·
0 Posts
I've never ridden a Guzzi of any kind yet, but really like the looks of the new 1400 and would certainly consider buying one if I was looking for something different in the $15,000-20,000 range, that is if I could be pulled away from a new Chief. I love the looks of the V7, but just can't get my head around a bike that looks that sporting but can only muster 50hp. If Guzzi would see fit to make a V9 of at least 75hp for example, I would have a hard time not thinking about selling off half our herd to get one. Another Guzzi that I've had the hots for is a late 90's Centauro, just weird enough to appeal to me.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Hardley vs Injun vs Goose... wat could go wrong?

I love the looks of the V7, but just can't get my head around a bike that looks that sporting but can only muster 50hp. If Guzzi would see fit to make a V9 of at least 75hp for example, I would have a hard time not thinking about selling off half our herd to get one. Another Guzzi that I've had the hots for is a late 90's Centauro, just weird enough to appeal to me.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/02/19/harley-davidson-softail-deluxe-vs-indian-chief-classic-vs-moto-guzzi-california-1400-custom-comparison-test/

Gooses or is it geese? come in two engine configs, small blok and big blok.
The v7 is new re intro small blok and is a lite weight toss about. It is a small bike and being air cooled does not make impressive numbers. But handles like a dream. And those two jugs peeking out from under the tank are ART work. think Tini Bikini! the linear rotation of the motor is endearing. It is DIFFERENT enuf to keep you constantly aware you are riding something special.

The 1400 is new big bore blok of the v11-v12 predecessors. It's has lots of low end grunt yet still will spin up 9k rpm, I never went ther. The low end was plenty. It's a big long chassis, w/ foot boards and ergos for all day riding but still has the DNA of Italian thorobred. And agin those two big jugs peering out from under the tank, you never take yor eyes-thoughts of them. theyr like ample breast spilling out of their keepers. Put a bare hand on those valve covers, theyr not too hot to touch. warm and throbbing, sexy all over it.

Some early big blok v9-10-11s, I would recommend staying away from. Theyr finicky, early f.i. I had a 01 v11 lemans, shook worse than any rigid sportster. The fella I sold it to in Sacramento knew goose. He made it sing and raced it in sierras for years. 04 bought a v11 Griso was a very interesting bike for 2yrs. Canyon carver but could not ride all day on it. Anyway the take away is the two new goose are very well bilt bikes in their class. Just $pensive! poncho

pix of v7 stone, yes this is the complete motor in all its pieces. simple

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts