Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What bars have the most pullback I can get on the 900? Someone put mini apes on my Classic, and they look to have less than stock bars. I've tried the most extreme Scootworks Phat Risers I could find, and they're barely an improvement over the stock stubby risers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i got aeromach 4x1" pullbacks on my 800, over that you will need new handlebars to bring the grips closer

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I mean. Which bars will give me the most pullback without looking too goofy?

·
Registered
181 Posts

Thes are 3.5" high and pull back about 1". I also moved the stock bars down a bit after installing these. They work well for me. Although I did have to get studs that had different threads on either end to make them work. I got the risers off of ebay. These were the biggest I could get with out having to get longer cables.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried the most extreme Scootworks Phat Risers
I think my risers are even longer, but I still get a bad pain in my neck/back. I have the bars tipped back to match the top angle of the risers now, but that and the risers make little difference.

I've seen some vintage/beach bars that had a lot of pullback, but they're so wide I wouldn't be able to turn them very far.

Attachments

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
The higher the bar the more pullback you can get. I now have 8" mini apes which look very similar to yours, along with 3.5" pull back risers. I am still fwd too much. Putting on 12" bars coupled with the risers I have so get me to about 16" which should be perfect to get me sitting straight up and not leaning fwd. To me that is where the neck pain comes from. Leaning fwd and holding head tipped back. Even if its just slightly tipped.

I have 2 bikes and can notice the difference when doing longer distance runs on how my body feels from each one. My other ride has taller bars already so I am more upright.

Oh and looks like you are at max for cables and hoses. So a taller bar obviously means all new cables and hoses. I've had my parts to do this for some time now. Just gotta get it done.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was too far forward on my 900 Custom so added some 2" risers. Better but still not enough pullback. I made some offset risers out of aluminum. and rerouted the cables behind triple tree. Unconventional and not that noticeable. This combination worked for me.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts