Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked through out this forum and found many opinions regarding windshields, but not this particular combo.
I have the stock screen on my LT, but I cannot stand looking through it. I am thinking of cutting it down 4 inches and adding lowers to negate the updraft buffeting. I am not sure if the wind over the screen will clobber me at speed.
I am 6ft tall.
Any opinions or ideas?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would trim the shield just below my line of sight and add lowers................ this works for most of us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great!
Thanks, I was just wondering what a "shorty" shield would be like. Perhaps somewhat like a batwing, but more suited to the "classic" look of the bike...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have looked through out this forum and found many opinions regarding windshields, but not this particular combo.
I have the stock screen on my LT, but I cannot stand looking through it. I am thinking of cutting it down 4 inches and adding lowers to negate the updraft buffeting. I am not sure if the wind over the screen will clobber me at speed.
I am 6ft tall.
Any opinions or ideas?
I'm, um, not 6 feet tall lol, and I can look over the stock windshield np, do u have it adjusted all the way down? Did you adjust your suspension?
I find the windshield on the nine, being "optically correct" helps looking through it.....ever look through a "plastic" windshield? Now that sux!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silenthill,
Yes, it's all the way down. I think my 36" inseam detracts from my torso! I just see over the top in that setting and find the screen distracting.
I did manage to Rube-Goldberg the thing to angle back to the same rake as the forks,(yesterday) and that has helped immensely.

Now if I can just swing some lowers, I think I've got it under control....
Thanks for the feedback!
With ya on the plastic screen!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts