Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have drilled holes in rear plate and punch out screen in center.Sounds better but not what I realy want.Has any one tryed to drill some holes in inside plate where baffle connects in front of cat.If so did it give a deeper sound or just get loader?I know if I take baffle out it will get loader. I am trying to get deeper sound without spending $500 on it. I did this on a 800 back in 96 and it sounded good.But it has a different muffler I think.If no one has done this I will just have to be the test for it.Thanks for any in put.
Davego 2008 900 lt. tampa fl.

·
Registered
77 Posts
do a search here..........it's been done literally hundreds of times. Some like it, others move on to custom pipes.

you can do a search on you tube as well.........kawasaki vulcan 900 full debaffle..........and you will get several returns from that.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cutting the end out of the baffle makes it deeper and louder than just drilling holes. But really gives it more "crack", not as deep, when accelerating. Personally I wish I'd stopped at "drilling 4 1/2" holes" instead of the "full debaffle" on mine. The tone was deep enough and acceleration sounded more mellow. Ultimately I pick up a set of Cobra Dragsters (used) for $250 and not only like the sound, their isn't as much "popping" and they LOOK far better, IMHO.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Pulling the baffle out will make it MUCH deeper without being all that much louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts