Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just got my first vn2000 and I think it's the best bike I've ever owned. However, would like it to be alot louder as UK standard pipes are really quiet. Have read the previous post about removing the baffles and followed the link. Has anyone done this to theirs? It seems that to break the center weld is difficult. But most importantly, will it affect my bikes performance and do any harm to the engine, long term? Thanks if you can help, just trying to save on new pipes, for the time being!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey treecol, I'm no mechanic, but from what I understand based on research alone, the stock fuel injection system is able to compensate for the minimal amount of increased airflow created by removal or modification of the baffles. That being said if you modify the intake as well, and really let it breath, there is way more airflow then the stock system can handle so an aftermarket FI chip will be required.

In a nutshell, pipes or intake alone and it's fine, do both and it will run way to lean without an FI mod.

By the way, at this point I have only gone as far as a 'stage 2' debaffle....waiting for $ for an intake and pcIII

1 - 2 of 2 Posts