Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found nothing so this may be good news. :smile2:

Do the Voyagers and Vaquero's have any issues with moisture showing up behind the glass after riding in the rain or washing the bike?

I had an '01 Ultra Classic that did this. When I purchased the '08 Ultra I made sure that the dash was covered when I washed the bike and that solved the problem. I had to sell the bike before it was ridden in the rain so don't know if it was an issue on the '08 for the rain.

Maybe this is a Harley issue only.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When I had my Vaquero I took it to the car wash at least once a week, my father-in law work there so it was free. lol! The only thing I would cover was my tornado air breather, as far as the rest I would spray it with high pressure soap, rinse and wax and never had any issues with my dash instruments get any water or moisture in them.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've never noticed it on mine. I'm not really a fan of using high pressure water on a bike, it can get in a lot of places and a good wash mitt will get it perfectly clean with nothing more than an easy stream of water from the hose. But, no, my gauges have never had water in them. Not from washing, rain, humidity, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
None in mine either. I always give it a low pressure soap spray, then wash with a rag and then rinse on low pressure. High pressure water is not good for seals etc. I ride in all kinds of weather and have never had an issue

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine did that the first time I was in a heavy downpour. The next time I split the fairing open, I cut a piece of plastic and draped over the instrument cluster and radio so the water will be redirected that seeps into the windshield seam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts