Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a taller backrest with a luggage rack looking mostly on Amazon. I've seen a few that say they will fit a VN 900 and a VN 2000. But I've seen a bunch that say VN 900 only they dont mention the VN 2000. My question is does the 900 have the same mounting specs as the 2000

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have an 04 V2K and an 08 900 Custom.... The luggage racks have identical mounting brackets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's I appreciate the response DANAD. I thought they looked the same and I know where a local dealer has a used one I can get cheap. Thanks again

·
Registered
987 Posts
There are spacers that go thru the chrome to hold the mounting brackets on. I am not 100% sure that the spacers are identical, but they are easily obtained if needed. I have a 900 Custom that I needed a luggage rack on so my little brother could go to Sturgis with us. I found one for the 900 Classic and it fit. I already had the rack for my V2K but I took that off and installed the big Scootworks trunk..... If I had known at that time they were interchangeable I could have saved myself about 700 canadian loonies....:devil2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts