Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some personal review of anyone having ....

Shark evo line 2 helmet...?

Bell Revolver helmet?

shoei helmet?

With all this hot weather been thinking of having a modular.....

have a half helmet but prefer modular cause i do mix slight city and most highway.

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the following helmet. I'm happy with it but I still wear my full Shoei helmet more often. The fog protection is as useless as any other helmet. Lasts for about a week. It's considerably heavier than a full helmet. It's kind of spacy looking too. The video does a great job showing all its features:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the Shark Evoline 2. It's pricy, but I love it.

I rarely ride with the chinguard up because I prefer the protection, however the convenience of flipping it up to talk to someone or get a drink is great.

Vents in the chin guard and top seem to do well, noise with chin/visor down seems to be about average.

The internal sunvisor doesn't seem dark enough but sure beats pulling off the road to put on sunglasses. The mechanism is simple and effective (I've seen other helmets that use a springloaded switch on the side to drop the 2nd visor fail)

It's a good looking, good fitting helmet. Be sure to try one on, the cheek guards are pretty snug. I had to cut some padding out of the ear pads to get my new UClear HBC100 earphones to stop squishing my ears (review on those coming soon)

Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wife and I love are shark evoline 2 helmet's. I use it open face most of the time. I like it if I want to change to full face for the cold or rain. Also don't have to pull over to change it to open or full face. Very nice

·
Registered
222 Posts
I went with a Hawk from Leatherup.com. I love it and for the price you can't beat it.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Let me be the 3rd support of the Shark Evoline...mine is the older 1st gen. model and I wouldn't have another helmet...except, of course, a gen. 2 Evoline. During the summer, I ride my chinbar open around town and closed when I get out on the road. Opening and closing the bar is a one hand operation.

Donning the helmet while wearing glasses is a snap. Plus, donning is earbud friendly for those who employ same.

The only complaint is a tendency of the shaded visor to collect road sand when the main visor is open. The sand will get caught between the visor and the visor slot making shaded visor scratches inevitable.

On the plus side, the outer visor is scratch free and is still doing a commendable, though not perfect, job vs. fog...and this is after 2+ years of commuting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought a Hawk helmet from leatherup.com XXL. not even close to fitting, but my XL helmet from a competitor is just a tad snug....?

Leatherup.com says I have to pay return shipping, which I think is bull shine.

I will never buy from leatherup.com again!!

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have been looking at the Nolan N104 pretty seriously. Read all the reviews, and there are lots of them...... Prices are coming down on them as well. Only bad part about it is finding them to see if they fit. I know they have a more oval fit than round which works in my case but always nice to check that little thing off the list before plunking down the moolah. Only place I can see that has them down here is in Daytona.......go figure! Went up to JP Cycles up in Ormond to look at them since they have them on their website and nada! Should have headed South a little bit! Oh well was a nice 130 mile ride on back roads in near perfect weather.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Picked up a Shoei Neotec last week. It will take a few more weeks for it to conform to my noggin, but what a difference from my old full-face. I love the quieter ride, and the flip-down sun visor is perfect. The face shield has a lot more position-stops than my old one did. The vents are crazy good. Opening the front vent, I can just barely feel the breeze brushing my eyebrows as the air flows up the shield. When I open the top vent, I can actually feel the air blowing my hair around on top of my head! That is air-flow! And finally (so far) it seems to cut through the air better as well. I don't feel like my head is getting pushed around as much as before. But after saying all of that, it is one expensive helmet. But I figure, seeing how my head is in it for nearly three hours (or more) every day, it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My GF and I have Shoei Multitec modular helmets. I tried on many, many brands and Shoei is the one that fit best on my head, by a clear margin. Was all set to get a Nolan based on reviews but it just wasn't comfortable for me.

You have to try them on to see what fits you best. There can be a big difference between head shapes and brands.

BTW, I seem to recall reading that some modular helmets may not meet certifications with the chin bar up. Have not pursued that in detail.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have been looking at the Nolan N104 pretty seriously. Read all the reviews, and there are lots of them...... Prices are coming down on them as well. Only bad part about it is finding them to see if they fit. I know they have a more oval fit than round which works in my case but always nice to check that little thing off the list before plunking down the moolah. Only place I can see that has them down here is in Daytona.......go figure! Went up to JP Cycles up in Ormond to look at them since they have them on their website and nada! Should have headed South a little bit! Oh well was a nice 130 mile ride on back roads in near perfect weather.

I have a 104 and love it to death. Good luck. I just measured my head and used their chart it fits perfect. A little too snug at first but loosen up to perfect within a few weeks.

Logan

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 104 and love it to death. Good luck. I just measured my head and used their chart it fits perfect. A little too snug at first but loosen up to perfect within a few weeks.

Logan
Exactly.....My measurements fall perfectly between the top side of large and the bottom side of X large.....leaning toward the XL simply because it takes advantage of the larger shell and will have the max amount of padding in it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Exactly.....My measurements fall perfectly between the top side of large and the bottom side of X large.....leaning toward the XL simply because it takes advantage of the larger shell and will have the max amount of padding in it.

I was right in the middle also but had one in a local store to check. I went with the smaller one a little tight for a week or 2 then perfect.

Logan

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bad part about it is that Nolan only has two shell sizes and the break is at the large/Xlarge. Means that the Large will have the least amount of padding in it. Am a little over the large size in measurements already.Think I just talked myself into the XL!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts