Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mods

A few picks of some things Ive done to my bike. Everything is in extended reach setup.

Cheap Chinese ebay radiator guard. It was almost bent in half when I received it, but bent back well enough and looks ok from a distance after spraying black. Not easy to install if you have big fingers. Does the job.

GSG Sliders. Ive never dropped a bike on the road, but my knees are getting bad (which is why I moved to a cruiser) so I thought these were a good idea. I like how they blend in with the bike. There is a whole thread on these, so I wont go into too much detail. For those outside of the US, if you paste the part number into ebay there are some sellers in Europe who will post direct, which saved me about $50 from buying from the US seller, who just orders them from Europe anyway. Very easy to install.

Givi passenger backrest with luggage rack. Im not a huge fan of the look of a backrest, but the boss insisted on one, as there is nowhere for her to hold onto (handles Kawasaki?) I went for the Givi as it has the luggage rack. Very easy to install, plus it only takes a couple of minutes with an allen key to remove the backrest part if I really dont want to ride with it.

Vikingbags Dagr sissy bar bag. Sorry the picks arent great, but its a great looking bag that matches the look of the bike, and the perfect size for day trips. Sits on the luggage rack very easily, only one strap needed.

Delkevic 410mm slash cut stainless exhaust. I thought the stock exhaust was a bit quiet as well as ugly. Stainless doesnt look good at all on an all black bike, so I sprayed it with Dupli-colour high heat spray paint. There are many youtube videos on how to do this. In short sand it all back, degrease, spray and then cure in the oven. I did five coats and was very happy with the outcome. It looks a bit patchy in the photos, as the matt finish shows the dirt very easily and I havent washed my bike for a while. Its been two months now and no chips or scratches. Sounds great too, although less popping would be nice. I got help installing it as I dont have a socket wrench with a long enough extender.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking at getting the same exhaust next week. How is the loudness and did you leave the baffle in or take it out? As for the popping, Maybe look into something like a "Booster Plug", it sounds like most of the bikes lean out more when using an aftermarket exhaust and need to be enriched a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought it was too loud at first, but now Im fine with it. Not anywhere near as loud as many HD's I see riding around here. I havent tried without the baffle, it would be too loud for me thats for sure. I use ear plugs most of the time now, I never used to when riding locally.

Thanks for the advice about the popping. I will look into that, although Ive promised myself i wont be spending any more on this bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Teddyfigo! Hey a quick one for you..i just ordered the saddlebags. Could you advise how you mounted them? Did you used a special bracket or mount? I would appreciate your input. Thank you!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170401/d4877f80c22ffcca1b26c67d795752f1.jpg

Hi mate , this was the brackets I used

https://www.dudesonwheels.com/collections/motorcycle-replacement-parts/products/2pcs-motorcycle-saddlebags-brackets-support

Screw it vertical on the first bolt at the side under the passenger seat .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I followed teddyfigo lead and ordered and installed a solo bag. It's the first bag that I actually thought looked good on the Vulcan S. I ended up ordering a different brand bag that I like a little more and I just made a bracket from some scrap pieces of steel that I had laying around. I'm excited to not have to carry a backpack to bring my lunch to work anymore.
I followed teddyfigo lead and ordered and installed a solo bag. It's the first bag that I actually thought looked good on the Vulcan S. I ended up ordering a different brand bag that I like a little more and I just made a bracket from some scrap pieces of steel that I had laying around. I'm excited to not have to carry a backpack to bring my lunch to work anymore.

EDIT: My post count is too low for links/pictures so you'll just have to believe me :laugh2:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Givi passenger backrest with luggage rack. Im not a huge fan of the look of a backrest, but the boss insisted on one, as there is nowhere for her to hold onto (handles Kawasaki?) I went for the Givi as it has the luggage rack. Very easy to install, plus it only takes a couple of minutes with an allen key to remove the backrest part if I really dont want to ride with it.....
Nice setup wyler.

If you removed the passenger seat and back rest. Do you think you could turn the luggage rack around to face forward to become a solo luggage rack or will it foul on the fender?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
If some of you are interested, I had the bag mounting system cut and welded, so that the OEM saddlebags lie 5 cm higher and 5 cm closer to the bike (which looks way sleeker and is more practical, but forbids the use of the quick release system).
Here are the before pictures :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Actually

My colleagues also suggested a guard for the air filter. Something like a metal mesh which clings before the filter mesh to prevent debris and stones hitting and denting the surface.

You guys know any that would fit the 650?
Since the air filter is under the tank and in the air box it is not likely to be damaged by any debris. Now as far as the RADIATOR foes that is a different story. Evotech :grin2:

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/kawasaki-vulcan-s-motorcycle-parts/products/kawasaki-vulcan-s-radiator-guard-2015

·
Registered
16 Posts

Just got the mid size gauntlet fairing on , Hope this has more wind protections. & I feel it really suits the bike .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the thread has already been revived

This setup looks amazing!

Where'd you get the fairing (and I'm assuming the headlight changed)?

301 - 320 of 336 Posts