Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I want to ask some questions. First, I realized that though casts on the bike is large, the tyres have low sidewall thickness which makes the bike a little less muscular than other cruisers though they have smaller cast diameters. Front fender on Vulcan S is very close to tyre, but there is a fair amount of space between rear fender and tyre. Did anyone consider to replace rear tyre with a 160/70 or 160/80 tyre?
Last, front fender, rear fender, fuel tank. Which of these are metal and which of these are plastic?

As a side note, Kuryakyn floorboards on Vulcan S above (Premium & Ribbed Floorboards | Floorboards & Floorboard Covers | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn) are the best looking ones that I saw ever. They fit perfectly. Also, Puig subsidiary site is welcome (Tunning moto and available product list).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I personally wouldn't want a larger side wall. Generally speaking low profile tires have better preformance and handling. As far as the fenders they are plastic, but the tank is metal.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Fender Eliminator!!!

Cant wait to see some mods for the vulcan 650 s. Would look amazing with fender eliminator and drag bars... anybody see anything abailable please share!

Ive attached a nice one. Dont know if its photoshopped though?
Volcom783: Didyou get any fender eliminator setup? I just mine and can't wait to get this done! Appreciate your inside!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Install this side bag again. Also thinking of doing a custom Chin guard to give it Harley sportster look. Anyone done or thinking of doing this ?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member, BOTM Winner, June 2016
639 Posts
Install this side bag again. Also thinking of doing a custom Chin guard to give it Harley sportster look. Anyone done or thinking of doing this ?
Well, not until you just mentioned it! Now that you point it out, it does look pretty anemic right there behind the front wheel. Like you, I wrapped my pipes and like the looks, but a spoiler there would look awesome. Only thing is the bike sits a little high-framed....I wonder if it could be lowered very easily. There is certainly room in the back to drop at least a couple inches.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure it works , as in the looks but should be alright for now .

If anyone knows where I can get the side panel for this OEM Vrod radiator cover ,I will post the the follow up pics of the whole look . For now here some pics

I feel it's give some volume to the chassis overall look.

Will add in the the 2 side grills when I have more budget , this grills cost like $200 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 336 Posts