Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here's the first OEM large windshield install I've seen.

...and my friend from San Francisco sent me this photo. It has the windshield and the luggage rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sydney is the same thankfully but i would like to see the mid sized one too. I wonder if its the same as on the kawasaki vulcan s website?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Considering a new Vulcan S, and the absolute first mod I'd consider is an engine guard. I've dumped my bike enough times to know I would need one. But I haven't seen any photos of any installed nor is one listed on the Kawasaki website. Due to the frame design and radiator, fitting a guard would be a fairly elaborate setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My colleagues also suggested a guard for the air filter. Something like a metal mesh which clings before the filter mesh to prevent debris and stones hitting and denting the surface.

You guys know any that would fit the 650?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Considering a new Vulcan S, and the absolute first mod I'd consider is an engine guard. I've dumped my bike enough times to know I would need one. But I haven't seen any photos of any installed nor is one listed on the Kawasaki website. Due to the frame design and radiator, fitting a guard would be a fairly elaborate setup.
This guy looks to have fabricated an engine guard to suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbDaGIawqwc

Considering the bike is manufactured in Thailand, it seems the locals have developed alot of custom mods already.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My colleagues also suggested a guard for the air filter. Something like a metal mesh which clings before the filter mesh to prevent debris and stones hitting and denting the surface.

You guys know any that would fit the 650?
These guys make bike specific radiator guards and should have something on offer soon but be prepared to pay big money for a glorified mini fly screen door.

http://www.radguard.com.au/

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spitfire does fit

I went a bought the Slipstream Spitfire and got it mounted OK on only the third placement attempt. Had to cut the support bars so I could turn but its all good.

Here it is on:
]

And this is where I mounted it:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well we just put them on yesterday so i haven't had a chance to use them. I like the size and the look of the bags...fits nicely with the size and the lines of the bike. They are leather and they seem like they will hold their shape well. But keep in mind, they are really not that expensive of bags. I bought them to hold me over till i find the perfect hard bags.

I'll keep you all posted.

Linda

1 - 20 of 336 Posts