Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, so over the past few weeks I've done quite a bit of work to my 12' vn900 classic. I've removed the front and rear fenders. Cut off the rear fender supports as well as fabricating a side mount license plate bracket and made my own solo seat out of an old street sign. I have an old Harley gender that's going to be cut up a mounted in the rear. So with everything I've done, the stock exhaust is not working for me. It sounds great being debaffled, but I need something smaller. Here's my question. Has anyone cut the exhaust right where it goes into the larger part of the pipe. I have the idea that if I can cut them at that point, I can weld on an extra piece of piping to make them slightly longer. Once this is done I want to wrap them with exhaust wrap. Has anyone attempted this, if so, is there anything I need to be worried about. I wouldnt want to do this if it means my bike is going to have issues. Any info would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello people

Im actually interested in hearing some thoughts on this too. Cause as a certified boat mechanic ive always been taught that it causes more problems then benefits when you alter ur exhaust and can cause engine problems. I have a friend that debaffled his 1300 vtx and shortly after bent his valves and did major motor damage. On the other hand i know people who have done the same and it worked fine. I have cobra exhaust on my bike and id like it to be a lil louder it sounds pretty good but needs to be louder. But im afraid ill mess my engine up in the long run. Id like to hear some pros and cons on the subject plz and thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cut my stock mufflers off and fabricated up some 2" pipe to fix on the end, fitted some new mounts on the stock frame mounting points. I bought some Vance & Hines Quiet Baffles and tips from J & P. Had the mufflers ceramic heat coated and the headers wrapped. I like the sound of it , nice and deep. Noisy but not obnoxious.... All up about 190 Aussie Dollars to do it. I have racked up a few mile now and with my open intake and rejetted carb it goes great, gets about 60 mpg and no problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eFVtnrBx8Q

Cheers
Shaun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts