Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done mod's to make another models solo seat fit on a Vulcan Custom? Skipping of course, the new rear fender, tire etc... I'm sure the folks on this forum have already been clever enough to make it happen.

thanks, Sue

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mounting hardware?

Why not buy a seat and use new mounting hardware? I'm looking to get a true solo seat. I haven't seen any Customs that people have changed to a different models seat yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solo seat

just looking to get a nice looking and comfy solo seat on it. the solo seats that are offered don't have the look that I would prefer. I would like to skip out on the pillion part. I would have to get the dimples and hole in the bumper fixed. Sue

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
solo seat

okay, 140 views and nobody has attempted this? I would have thought that a group like this, with their ingenuity would have made it happen. Anyone know of someone that has used another models solo seat on their Custom? Sue

·
Registered
953 Posts
okay, 140 views and nobody has attempted this? I would have thought that a group like this, with their ingenuity would have made it happen. Anyone know of someone that has used another models solo seat on their Custom? Sue
have you seen the granucci?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Granucci seat

I have seen the Granucci. Nice looking seat. Not too sure how comfortable it would be on longer rides. The only bikes that I've seen with seats like I am hoping for are on bikes with the fender replaced. That would turn into too much money for my budget. Sue

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have seen the Granucci. Nice looking seat. Not too sure how comfortable it would be on longer rides. The only bikes that I've seen with seats like I am hoping for are on bikes with the fender replaced. That would turn into too much money for my budget. Sue
it goes on with the stock fender as well, you drill a small hole on the stock fender. As far as comfort i have heard mixed reviews?? Saw this bike on meancycles members pages, ill probaly get one myself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
solo seat

that looks really nice! How is it as far as comfort on a long ride? thanks, Sue

·
Registered
953 Posts
that looks really nice! How is it as far as comfort on a long ride? thanks, Sue
I personaly dont have one, but ive heard if the stock seat is ok for you then its not too bad, if the stocker gives you pain already probaly a bad idea. Its not a tourer seat thats for sure

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
solo seat

thanks for the quick reply. that's why I was looking for something with better padding. Maybe a Mustang solo that is made for another bike. I thought someone else would have already tried this. thanks again. Sue

·
Registered
953 Posts
thanks for the quick reply. that's why I was looking for something with better padding. Maybe a Mustang solo that is made for another bike. I thought someone else would have already tried this. thanks again. Sue
No problem, i found a place that does custom work in FL, im thinking a solo seat with this color scheme to match the paint. However they have no customer feedback so i need to do a little more research before i give them any money. This way you could add or take out gel/foam based on your needs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VN1500-VN1600-VN900-VN2000-Vulcan-custom-seat-/320651731291?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa855215b

·
Registered
113 Posts
that would look fantastic on the se. I would be cautious as to why there is no feedback on an ebay page

·
Registered
48 Posts
im making my own seat. not super hard to do. im using fiberglass as the pan. just got it cut and gonna talk to an upholstery shop today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Granucci

is anyone riding a Granucci seat for longer distances? If so, how is it compared to that piece of junk stock seat? thanks,
Sue

1 - 18 of 18 Posts