Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. This is my project which is almost there. I am waiting my saddle from upholstery an then i have only small things to do before it is ready. Summer is not yet started here as you can see from photos which i took today. It was nice ride in my back yard today i did drive whole 200 yards :) This planB pic is kind of plan picture which i made in last fall. I did make several different pix before rear fender was as i wanted it to be. when i made a new rear fender i could not lower it so low as i was planned because Bump travel was longer i thought it is.. Comparing planb and 88A pix you can see difference. Anyway fender look nice.

Id did remove those ugly air filter boxes from both sides as well and did put new handlebar and new saddle . Front fender which is not in these pix is from B model and i am going to put it in place later. I will post new photos when project complete.

I hope you like my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Helsinki nothing wrong with that bike, it's beautiful. The only thing more I would do is get the rear fender an inch or two lower to give it a more aggressive look. Maybe some shorter shocks or I have seen posts on forums where people have cut their shocks down. A lot of VTX owners did that in the beginning. I like that u did things yourself. Hope u get many years of enjoyment from your rides.

Newdawg, Philippines

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi hmm need to think that lowering issue. It does change look but is that what it need? I think some more strippin is what it needs if something?. I was too lazy to take off that chrom thing from the top of tank, but it need to be done later.

I am not looking bobber style but more like classic ceferacer style. in these photoshop pix you can see differens when lowered.

One thing that makes this vn 88 project difficult is that the motor is quite bland looking engine it does not have eny kind of agressive look or nice datails.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nicely done! I like that engine, especially because it looks "plain"
Not a huge fan of fishtail exhausts though.

Hows the riding position? with handlebars like that, you'll have a lean forward quite a bit, not sure if thats comfortable on long rides...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicely done! I like that engine, especially because it looks "plain"
Not a huge fan of fishtail exhausts though.

Hows the riding position? with handlebars like that, you'll have a lean forward quite a bit, not sure if thats comfortable on long rides...
Riding position is litlebit lean forwar but time will tel if it too much. I belive that the position ist not problem in highway speeds because wind rises you up and lightens weight on your hands.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks good! If you are going cafe style, I think you wouldn't want it lower. Along with that, I think a windscreen would be good way to sort of capture that. Not sure how cafe style you want to go, and what kind of aftermarket there is for these, but If you have some fabrication skills you could get a real nice cafe style bike out of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Riding position is litlebit lean forwar but time will tel if it too much. I belive that the position ist not problem in highway speeds because wind rises you up and lightens weight on your hands.
And if u go fast enough then your hanging on for dear life hahaha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi ratsa,

Nice looking bike
I see you have removed the air box and filters.
What have you done regarding air filters and do you struggle with backfiring or rough running ?
Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts