Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I thought i would share some pics of my LED Headlight mod.
This is not a how too just some pics and notes

I used a solid LED complete Headlight unit with two DRL.

The ring I used is a Adjure Universal ring, it fits excellent but one mounting tab is in the wrong place.

So i made a new tab and spot welded it into place.

It fitted perfectly first time.

I put a flexiable rubber compound around the ring and the headlight to help any vibration and also the screw and the spring that fits the new mounting point needs to be longer for proper adjustment.

The plastic screw holders that are on the old headlight I replaced onto the new one so the mounting points fit better.

I think you will get the idea of what i am talking about from the pics. (if they work)
I hope this helps someone who thinking about doing the same thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is that headlight much brighter/better than the stock housing with an LED bulb? Also, can you post a mounted pic with the lights on?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
That tab will never be in the right place. I didn't cut/weld mine, I made a bracket to mate the two together. I would recommend the weld though, and most any exhaust/repair shop could easily do that small of a weld for minimum cost.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some more pics of my light.

It is only in my shed and the shed is messy, must clean it up one day.

Yes I did a spot weld for the new tab

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
What headlights do you guys have? Those are daymakers, right? And are they worth upgrading for brightness alone?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well
Personally I would say yes, but look at the pictures and see the difference and you make the call on that one

·
Registered
68 Posts
They look considerably brighter than the stock bulbs, but I'm torn lol - I am thinking of buying the newer Cyclops LED bulb that puts out 7000 lumens which is up from the model I have (3800 lumens) but they're both in the stock housing so idk if my dispersion would be as good as yours. Thanks for the info though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts