Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about using this filter; I see it's a "100% Fits" for the VN900.

However, I came across one poster who said he had to "shim" the regulator/rectifier out by 3/4 inch to accommodate this filter (bottom of the page, here: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26248&highlight=oil+filter ).

I don't seem to be able to find a Mobil 1 filter for VN900 on Mobil's website, and the M-108 appears to be a car filter?

Is anyone out there using this filter WITHOUT MODS ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I shimmed my R/R bracket and I was using Frams. Actually had the bracket start wearing a hole in the end of the filter. Not enough to cause a leak, but I didn't want to take the chance.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I shimmed my R/R bracket and I was using Frams. Actually had the bracket start wearing a hole in the end of the filter. Not enough to cause a leak, but I didn't want to take the chance.
Just changed my oil and filter day before yesterday. and used a Fram.My bracket is very close at this point and was actually just looking at it this morning and thinking I should shim it out.It seemed to have plenty of clearance with the previous K&N filter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I use the K&N filter and it was so close that I put a couple small washers on the bracket to give it a 1/8" clearance or so. I've seen filters rub through and its not good making for slippery riding. Don't chance it because it only takes a couple seconds to put a spacer in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts