Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were out for a ride last Sunday and stopped to get a bite to eat as we were looking out the window a group of Harley riders rode up, they got off their bikes and one guy walked toward my ride and then back to the group later the group walked into the restaurant and looked around until they saw our helmets and walked over and congradulated me on my custom shovel head. I thanked them an then I almost lost it, my custom has been debadged by the previous owner and only has Kawasaki on the instrument panel, I guess the engine does resemble an old shovel and they only looked at the right side, but I thought it was pretty funny.:wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
That is funny, considering they were Harley folk.

I've had lots of people say to me "nice Harley" about my VN2K even with still having all the stock badges. But, generally, those folks have not been bikers. I usually just say "Thanks.", unless they ask for more details.

·
Registered
308 Posts
@Barry Dupler: congradulations on you restoration!! :}

I was never congratulated on my shovel head, people around here appear to confuse it(black 900 custom) with a Victory (the older models have a "V" on the tank).. a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts