Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place in the KC,MO area to get a seat refitted with memory foam like, I have not spoken to this person but I assume like, Mean City Cycles.

I went on a large group ride today and it started at a local Harley dealer so I asked them about seat pads and they gave me the number of the guy they use to do seat work and they gave him a ringing endorsement. He is called Slim's Cycle Seats in Lee's Summit, Missouri (suburb of KC) which works out perfect for me since that's where I live. I'm not impressed with his marketing or computer tech aptitude since he has no web site and if you do a search on him you don't get much, I just got a slip of paper with his name and number on it; his business card if you will. However the Harley dealer spoke very highly of him as they use him for their seat work. He has been around for a while so even without proper marketing he is apparently doing decent business all by word of mouth and that usually means a guy who is good at what he does. Anyways I just figured I'd pass this along and I will likely be giving him a try, especially after how bad my dumper hurts after a long a ride today, so I'll post if I do. I think the Harley dealer said something like $150.00and that sounds reasonable, especially if it includes the whole seat and not just the front, and it sure beats 500-700 for a whole new seat.

Slim's Cycle Seats 816-525-1939

·
Registered
643 Posts
I did the Spencer mod with supracore foam, I think $75+ shipping costs. Was a big improvement over stock, but in the end went with a new after market seat.

If I had to do it all over again I would skip the mod and just go for a replacement seat. Most of my rides are 4-7 hours with 1or 2 short stops and the mod didn't cut it.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

1 - 2 of 2 Posts