Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny thing happened while I was riding my bike all of a sudden I heard some clinging noises and I thought maybe my oil is low and the lifters were knocking after a closer look come to find out two screws came out the top of my air cleaner I know I heard a clicking noise when it came out but I thought I ran over something in the road with a barn closer inspection as I read the engine up the air cleaner was popping away from the bike itself so is this common or what makes it do that this is a brand new 2022 Vulcan Voyager that only has 557 mi on it for replies

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Doesn't seem like it should be a common problem. I can't recall anyone else mentioning it. I've had screws come loose on new bikes before, but not these particular screws.

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,560 Posts
If you have not taken the air cleaner off, I would head to the dealer for a warranty issue.
Those screws should have been torqued at the factory. If you can't find the screws they should replace them.
As Steve mentioned, this is not a common problem

·
Registered
447 Posts
all my screws also had blue locktite on them and they were secured pretty good

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,560 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe Kawasaki is in the same boat as many business' these days and is having a hard time finding good help.
Sounds like maybe somebody on the Voyager assembly line is watching too much Tik Tok on their phone

·
Registered
447 Posts
The case is plastic, do not lock ;) (y) tite those in it will cause the plastic to become brittle and fail.
the covers for the two sides are metal and go into a metal thread/nut "encased" in the plastic backing/housing so I see no issue?

unless the chrome ones from Voyager are plastic?

the "bolts" for the backing/housing were not locktite into the cylinder heads though

·
Registered
456 Posts
Suggest put a lock washer on your antenna. Common for them to fall off. I lost the screws on top of the saddle bag on the locking/unlocking chrome piece. Kawasaki warrentied those. With so few miles you have suggest contact dealer for warranty. If nothing else it establishes a paper trail if you have more bits fall off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is an issue, the metal nut receiver bleeds the Lock-Tite on the plastic back part of the case, the plastic get brittle and splits. Then you try to repair it with everything from epoxy to bubblegum, however it is the plastic housing that is brittle. Warranty will not cover this. And they are very expensive. Lock-Tite also warns against it. I disagree with your recommendation. However it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
There is an issue, the metal nut receiver bleeds the Lock-Tite on the plastic back part of the case, the plastic get brittle and splits. Then you try to repair it with everything from epoxy to bubblegum, however it is the plastic housing that is brittle. Warranty will not cover this. And they are very expensive. Lock-Tite also warns against it. I disagree with your recommendation. However it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
I did not add any to the screws that were there, I just left what was already on them. seems the factory stuff is different from OTC bottle contents since it sticks 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
87 Posts
Elmer's school glue sticks. Works very good, light application. No Solvents or polymers, safe for kids to eat the stick! dissolves in warm water.

Nota a bad choice

1 - 20 of 23 Posts