Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that spring is around the corner, I am planning to make a few purchases to be ready for riding season. One of the items on my list is mirrors. I currently have the stock mirrors with bike master extenders because without the extenders I cannot see past my shoulders. Also, one of my mirrors vibrates like crazy at highway speeds making it all but useless. I would like to eliminate the extenders altogether and get a set of mirrors that have a stem that is a longer than the standard 5.5 inches, but I am having a really hard time finding such a thing. Do longer mirrors not exist?

What has everyone else done? I'd prefer not to go to bar end mirrors as I am not really a fan of the look on the kvs. Does anyone have recommendations for mirrors that will allow for a wider view without extensions?

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Some people on here have used the Kuryakyn oval mirrors and say they are good.
I use the stock mirrors and find they work nice for me, when adjusted correctly. My shoulders are only about 26” wide, with my riding gear on. They are the same mirrors I have on my 800C, only chromed. They work nicely.
I did add extenders to the KVS, just for mods sake, but they do introduce vibration in the mirrors themselves and that renders any mirror useless. I’m going to probably take them off and return to the stock mount, that I had no problems with, Lol
Bar end mirrors are not for me.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I should have said, my mirrors don’t vibrate a great lot, with the extenders, but they do vibrate more often, at certain times, than when I never had them on.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
They are gorgeous but for $112 they should be. I put on the extenders that Indy told me about and they work great. No vibration and I can see traffic. Oh was in the 70's today got in about 80 miles. Damn I am gonna hate finding a job.:devil2:
Trade me weather!!! PLEASE!!!! Snow flurries this morning and 38 degrees. Tomorrow morning even colder 26 degrees and warming to 41 degrees. Will this winter ever end. :frown2:

Anyway, back to the subject of mirrors. If you don't want to use Mirror extenders and want an easy Plug and Play replacement get some Kawasaki Versys 650 Mirrors. They are a direct replacement and have a longer mirror arm. Partzilla has them for the cheapest price for the OEM part. The LH mirror is $50.01 https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/56001-0194?ref=feb9d5a5043a5a626a289326b96692b3b21a0f5e
and the RH mirror is $47.63 (no idea why there is a difference in price) https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/56001-0195?ref=feb9d5a5043a5a626a289326b96692b3b21a0f5e

Or you can take a look on E-Bay and find some cheap Chinese Knock off for a lot less. I have seen some Versys 650 mirror go for about 17 bucks a pair. But buyer beware :wink2:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Rearview-Mirrors-for-Kawasaki-Versys-KLE-650-2007-2010-/121695281458?fbclid=IwAR1n0fBOt9jcnRiSG0K2HZhFIpYpnZSsU1FmGrQgip338txtxoIzOCuto_8

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just started riding again. I bought a 2018 and quickly discovered I can’t see behind me with these mirrors. I bought some Kuryakyn replacements linked to on a thread here. Nice mirrors but little change. I’ve got to get some extenders. Anybody got a specific brand to look at? Most of the ones I’ve found say they won’t fit a 2018 Vulcan S. I have no idea why not.

Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bikemaster extenders is what I had on my KVS. I think any extenders with a 10mm bolt will work though.....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I just started riding again. I bought a 2018 and quickly discovered I can’t see behind me with these mirrors. I bought some Kuryakyn replacements linked to on a thread here. Nice mirrors but little change. I’ve got to get some extenders. Anybody got a specific brand to look at? Most of the ones I’ve found say they won’t fit a 2018 Vulcan S. I have no idea why not.

Thanks.

10mm x1.25 RH Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought some cheap auction site mirrors and they were even worse than stock so in desperation I put the mirrors from my Honda CG 125 on the vulcan and they provide great rear view, I can see around my shoulders and they fit right on. Minimal vibration even at speed, they are great. I like the look as well, they are the oblongish ones like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirrors-Left-Right-Honda-CG-125-ES-2004-2008/312000208206?hash=item48a4a95d4e:g:keoAAOSwvoNbjpMF not the round ones.

Now i need to get mirrors for my CG though.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys. I ordered some and they seem to get the job done. I'm going to finish installing them today. I have to..it's going to be perfect riding weather tomorrow and I may take it around the block a time or two.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For what it's worth, I got these off of Amazon in the winter months. They are a little bit cheap and plastic, but I got to say I can see out of them really well. The convex mirror helps quite a bit as well.

Universal Black Motorcycle Motorbike Rearview Rear View Side Mirror with 10mm Threaded Bolt for ATV Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Victory

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts