Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed the bars on my 08 900 Custom to bars that are more curved. Not really mini apes but medium buckhorns.

Now the mirror set up is completely wrong, and I can't adjust them enough to be useful. I don't like the look of the ape mirrors that hang down. Any sources for plain extended mirrors that will work? Thanks.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-control-and-brake/mirrors-universal/bikemaster-old-school-visor-mirrors?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj&AID=3996182&PID=3176226&SID=i7d9dgzpfo000ayn0001i&cj_linkd=3996182&cj_webid=3176226&cj_sid=i7d9dgzpfo000ayn0001i&cj_affid=2470763&cj_affname=VigLink&utm_content=3176226&utm_term=3996182

When I was mirror shopping I tried a couple different kinds but found the quality of Bikemaster mirrors to be excellent. All metal construction, high quality chrome finish. Mine have no vibration issues at all. I went with the old school look. Found this site to have the best deal at the time. Here is a thread I started a while back with some reviews of different kinds of mirrors.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104681

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
I'm kind of wishy washy on these mirrors. Goes against the "slim-n-trim" concept I built.

but.. I do like the fact they have LED blinkers on the mirror side, and LED blinkers/running lights on the front facing side.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I changed the bars on my 08 900 Custom to bars that are more curved. Not really mini apes but medium buckhorns.. Any sources for plain extended mirrors that will work? Thanks.
cj, yor gonna need some monkey mirrors for yor monkey bars..
they do make some cheap stalks that go straight up with no curves, and ol skool roun mirrors that clamp on like yor schwinn did.
or you could get bar end mirrors like sport bikes.
on hardleys you can flip the mirrors upside down so you hafta look thru yor armpits to see the traffic behind..
monkey mirrors for yor monkey bars.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
cj, yor gonna need some monkey mirrors for yor monkey bars..
they do make some cheap stalks that go straight up with no curves, and ol skool roun mirrors that clamp on like yor schwinn did.
or you could get bar end mirrors like sport bikes.
on hardleys you can flip the mirrors upside down so you hafta look thru yor armpits to see the traffic behind..
monkey mirrors for yor monkey bars.

Monkey mirrors for monkey bars? LOL, does that mean flinging poop at cagers would be legal? If we didn't have loud pipes or loud horns that is.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I now realize that the choice in bars (buckhorn) doesnt work for me anyway. I ordered a set of Classic bars that should give me the adjustability I need. Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts