Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 90 Classic today and I noticed the right side mirror is angled a little higher than the left. I can't seem to get it to view low enough and wondering if I can adjust the actual mirror, not the rod (tried that, didnt help). Is it just a case of having to force it down? Dont want to break anything....Wow what a nice bike though!

Hope this wasn't a stupid question. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just got my new 90 Classic today and I noticed the right side mirror is angled a little higher than the left. I can't seem to get it to view low enough and wondering if I can adjust the actual mirror, not the rod (tried that, didnt help). Is it just a case of having to force it down? Dont want to break anything....Wow what a nice bike though!

Hope this wasn't a stupid question. Thanks in advance...
Yes the actual mirror should adjust any direction you need it to, not much but it should move.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If you still cant see ... try adjusting your bars upwards .... ever so slightly.

BTW .... congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
If you still cant see ... try adjusting your bars upwards .... ever so slightly.

BTW .... congrats on the new ride.
+1. Loosen the clamp bolts, sit on the bike, and slowly raise the bars while having a buddy adjust your mirrors for you until you get it in the right spot (And a more comfortable spot more often than not), then have your buddy tighten the bolts while you hold it in place.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you look on the risers and the bars there should be a tiny noch in the riser and bars that should be lined up for a stock position, on my 09 (sitting on the bike) they were located on the outside left riser. If your mirrors and bars are all stock than you shouldn't have to use your bars to adjust your mirrors. If you bought it from a dealer and the mirror itself doesn't adjust, than I would take it back to them and ask them to fix it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the tips guys. I will be spending the day attaching the goodies the Fedex man has been dropping off while the mrs sneers. No riding today, snow falling...

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. I love our 900. We just got it last year. I had the same issue with the mirror. Rotating the mount a little bit fixed it.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If your mirrors and bars are all stock than you shouldn't have to use your bars to adjust your mirrors.
From memory, and i may be wrong, but when these bikes arrive at the dealers they are crated and the bars are not attached to the bike, the bar height is set by the mechanic on installation and the height may vary. Some on here have complained that they find them uncomfortable as they are to low or to high. I don't know if there is a set factory height, but i do know some have adjusted the height.

·
Registered
851 Posts
From memory, and i may be wrong, but when these bikes arrive at the dealers they are crated and the bars are not attached to the bike, the bar height is set by the mechanic on installation and the height may vary. Some on here have complained that they find them uncomfortable as they are to low or to high. I don't know if there is a set factory height, but i do know some have adjusted the height.
True Whiting they do come in a crate and they have to in stall the bars, but any machanic should know that there is punch marks to line up the bars with the risers and punch marks to line up the switch housing covers. I know for a fact that there are punch marks and to me that would be a factory setting. But the issue is that his mirror won't pivot because it must be stuck. and if it doesn't pivot right I would think your gonna play hell getting it set right no matter what you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts