Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

During my unfortunate collision with the ground, I broke a mirror and found a pair on e-bay that appeared to be the same as the originals. They are OEM equpment but the stems are a little shorter. Does anyone know how to remove the mirror and get to the attachment mechanism that holds it to the stem. I hate to ruin the new mirrors by playing if someone actually knows how to do this. Thanks for your help.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
you got to pull the little black rubber ring out which is not that easy without breaking the glass or scratching it. then putting it back will take gluing or sealing it back in. I just decided to switch them out to new ones. These have a high stem and are much better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just changed mine. Bought a mirror for my 09 from an 06. Part number was same but stem length and angle was different. It was actually very easy. I took a small flat screwdriver and slid it behind the rubber seal, straight in behind the mirror (glass). Carefully twist the screwdriver popping the entire mirror and boot out of the frame. Remove two small nuts from the keeper plate. Remove the nut from the bottom of the stem (the nut that screws down to the handle bar attachment). Slide the stem out and replace with one from your original mirror. Replace the nuts, tightening the when the mirror assembly is on your bike. This will allow you to tighten to a desired resistance for adjusting the mirror. Place the mirror with rubber seal back into the form making sure all the ridges are inside the edge. With a little pressure it will pop back into place.

I put the new mirror on. Removed it. Changed stem and replaced all in about 25 min.

Hope the helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts