Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to raise the OEM mirrors up a bit to allow for a larger gap between the grips and bottom of the mirrors. I came across some adaptors that will allow for about a 1" height adjustment. I am not sure what size to go with, 10mm female to male or 8mm female to male. Has anyone here done anything similar?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's10mm, but to be sure take off a mirror, remove the locking nuta and take it to ou local hardware store where you can check it with a thread gauge.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's 10mm... Most use the offset style adapters to move the mirrors out enough to see past your arms. I used a pair for a while, but took them off to allow room to mount the controller for my Avon heated grips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you mind posting a picture or link to the offset mirror adapters you are talking about. I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Would you mind posting a picture or link to the offset mirror adapters you are talking about. I would really appreciate it.
These sort of things are what most of us have used... <click here>

There are heaps on Ebay. Just choose the cheapest deal.

And here's a tip... The chinese allen bolts will get a little rusty inside the head. Just dab a little of that black permatex silicone that's left over from whatever other repair into there. It'll pick right out if you ever need to get back in to take them off.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mirror mount

Here's a shot of the chrome mirror extender on my 2011 Nomad, including the clear hand protector.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a shot of the chrome mirror extender on my 2011 Nomad, including the clear hand protector.
What brand of hand guard is that? I checked National Cycle and they weren't showing any options for the 1700's that I saw. I'm sure whatever is working on your 2011 Nomad will work on my 2013 Nomad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure what brand I have, maybe just a generic hand guard that I bought on Ebay (search "Motorcycle Hand Guard"). The National Cycle N5511 is probably not listed for a 1700 because it won't fit without the mirror extensions. They raise the mirror mounting just high enough to clear the handlebar switch housings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Different mounting option. I purchased hand guards on eBay for $20. Dont plan on having them on all the time so its a money saver. Also purchased the mirror extensions you guys talked about but the hand guard still wouldn't cover grips like i wanted. The hardware that came with it included an extension allowing more angle flexability but is a little small for a 1700. Anyway, i found a better mounting option by using the bolt that attaches clutch/brake lever. It looks better and gives better coverage in my opinion. Also makes for an easier on/off.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts