Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going? I'm considering it, but this would be my first "group" ride ever, and I'm a bit nervous.

I live in Rosemount.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?

Well, that stinks....I was looking forward to possibly meeting some fellow vulcan riders from the site there....

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
No, not going to make that. If you're nervous then I'd suggest getting in line at or near the back of the pack. That way you won't feel squeezed or pushed as much.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I lived in Shaumburg for a few years back in the 70's, but live in Minnesota now. 😃

·
Registered
941 Posts
I plan to go, forgot to check the site for info. I was wondering if the ride would happen at all with what happened to Bill Basset. This would be my sixth year weather permitting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so forgive my ignorance, but who's Bill Basset? :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
He runs it, and has been doing it for the past 17 years, it started with a friend of his. But Bill went down in early August passed out from dehydration. He had full gear on which saved him busted ribs, hand and aggravated his old back injury.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Makes sense. I hope he's recovering well.

If you get any info about whether the event is off this year, please post it here along with any info you might get on Bill's condition.

Thanks!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Last I heard he is back to work at Motoprimo, couldn't drive yet cuz of pain meds. But he is looking for a new bike. I will prob be swinging into there and talking to him and hearing more first hand then over FB.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well I got an email a couple days ago the Swan Ride is ON. They pretty much always go. If it ain't raining I'll be going. Cuz riding in the rain ain't, 'specially if it is only 35 out. I think this year I am going to try to get some heated gloves. I'll be on the black classic LT with whitewalls. I think last year I saw RonMold, but was never able to chat. Lots of bikes. And you know we all look alike (invisible to cars)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Who ended up getting to go? I made it. Seemed like alot of people bailed from lunch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts