Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm fairly new to riding and just got a 2005 Vulcan 500 at the beginning of the summer. I am needing some work on it and was wondering if anybody might have some recommendations of a good mechanic or shop in the southern metro area of the Twin Cities in Minnesota that's reliable and hopefully not too expensive. Would love to hear any thoughts you might have. Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
RTMICKE, thats a good question. I was wondering the same thing. I live in Faribault and we have JJ Powersports. They are an authorized Yamaha dealer, but advertise working on Kaws and Hondas too. If you're like me, I am looking for that mechanic who specializes in Vulcans. I have the VN2000 and when I need some mechanical work I open my wallet and bring it to Leos South because they're an authorized dealership. They got the experience, manuals, and parts. If you do find that one mechanic please let me know.

-Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to let anyone know that may have read this, I did find one that I felt comfortable with. His name is Lloyd Rivers and his shops name is Lloyd's Motorcycle Performance Center. He is located in Rosemount, MN and actually works out of his home. He works on Japanese bikes, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, etc.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'll just add in that for anyone on the other (north) side of the metro, I've always had good dealings with Cycle-Tek in Spring Lake Park. He's an independent guy, works on all kinds of bikes and they seem to really know their stuff and they've always treated me more than fairly. Good places deserve to get their reputations known.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll just add in that for anyone on the other (north) side of the metro, I've always had good dealings with Cycle-Tek in Spring Lake Park. He's an independent guy, works on all kinds of bikes and they seem to really know their stuff and they've always treated me more than fairly. Good places deserve to get their reputations known.
Thanks for posting this! Good to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts