Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order this:

But before I do that, I'd like to hear if there are any good alternatives? I don't trust AliExpress stuff.
I don't need bulky bags and I think they take away from the looks. Just to put maybe a few small things inside, like tools.

No tank bags please :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Aliexpress not great on quality, historically. But hey, 30 bucks? Let us know how they work out.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Vulcan 500
56 Posts
They don't look bad.. they are kinda small though.. but the design fits the looks of the bike.. I would go for it.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a shame that Vulcan doesn't have built in storage, like below the seat.
I don't really like having bags.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've used Cortech throw over sport bags on a variety of bikes. They come with rain covers that go on easily. They make a variety of shapes from small to large, some expand, some do not. I've traveled and carried a weeks worth of gear in them. Including a bottle of Jack and a glass to drink it from, because everyone knows you can't drink your whiskey from paper or plastic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You drive and drink? 😉

I didn't know there's a toolset under the seat. But don't you need to unscrew the seat to remove it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You drive and drink? 😉

I didn't know there's a toolset under the seat. But don't you need to unscrew the seat to remove it?
I’m pretty sure there is an Allen wrench under the locking left side panel that lets you remove the seat to get to the tool kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea I used those but bought them off ebay.

It was a good bag but yes, it was pretty small. No issue with bag ripping but the metal pieces rusted and I ended up painting them black.

Check my signature for mounts I used

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey B3Hulk, these look awesome, do you have them on both sides? also, how did you set up the mounts? any chance you could detail how you mounted them some more?
cheers!

Yea I used those but bought them off ebay.

View attachment 245849

It was a good bag but yes, it was pretty small. No issue with bag ripping but the metal pieces rusted and I ended up painting them black.

Check my signature for mounts I used

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey B3Hulk, these look awesome, do you have them on both sides? also, how did you set up the mounts? any chance you could detail how you mounted them some more?
cheers!
Sorry mate, Didn't see the notification.

If you remove the fender cover, there will be 2 bolts. Remove the one closest to the rear wheel, place the bag mount between the fender bracket and the body of the bike. use extremely think zip ties and tie the bag to the bag mount.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I got this idea from another KVS owner, here on the site. I purchased 2 Willie Max tool pouches and mounted them in the usual saddle bag position. They are great quality and can carry a water bottle, gloves, some tools, etc. I didn’t want bags initially, but with the lack of storage on the KVS, I wanted something, but nothing too big. They worked great! I had to come up with my own brackets for installing however, because the bags are meant to be strapped on across the front forks, etc. They have corrugated plastic inserts inside to help maintain shape also. The buckles are for looks only and there’s plastic clips underneath for closing. Very durable. They also come with nylon Velcro straps that pass through retainers on the back of the bags and can be easily put behind those KVS fender struts to fasten them on.
I got those at Partszilla for the cheapest pricing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts