Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the reason is that you cannot use the Scootworks front overdrive pulley when you use the Mimic 240 kit?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It's a clearance issue. The 240 tire is larger in circumference (and width) than the stock tire, and the Scootworks (larger) front pulley pulls the tire closer to the front. There's just not enough room in the swingarm and fender area.

Although i haven't done it, it might be possible to put the 240 tire on the bike along with the smaller rear pulley from Myron or Scootworks. That would ultimately drop your cruising RPM quite a bit.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a clearance issue. The 240 tire is larger in circumference (and width) than the stock tire, and the Scootworks (larger) front pulley pulls the tire closer to the front. There's just not enough room in the swingarm and fender area.

Although i haven't done it, it might be possible to put the 240 tire on the bike along with the smaller rear pulley from Myron or Scootworks. That would ultimately drop your cruising RPM quite a bit.
Cheers, thanks for the info, makes perfect sense.

Have scrubbed out the inner mudguard already with the Dunlop 240, so pulling the wheel in even further would not be possible. Will investigate the smaller rear pulley now.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Doesn't the Mimic wheel comes with the smaller matching pulley?? Per Meancyles.com they do.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's what I thought as well. I'm look'n into getting a 240 kit but I want something like a front pulley. Anyone have any other knowledge on this subject?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts