Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had no oil issues before this. But, I just changed my clutch. The bike is back together. I refilled the coolant and the oil with new. I started the bike to run all the new fluids through. I was watching the oil level window to make sure the level is right. The oil is now a milky white.
Any idea what could happen during the clutch replacement that could cause oil and coolant to mix this way?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Air and condensation can make the oil look milky, not sure how long you let it sit after shutting it to see if it clears up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I filled both the coolant and the oil then started the bike right away. I didn't let it sit at all after that. I checked the level in the window and noticed the oil was white.

·
Super Moderator
2,352 Posts
Do not run this bike. If the oil mixed with coolant after the clutch install, time to retrace your steps. I hate to do things twice but sometimes it happens. Recheck the O ring seals on the coolant pipe for proper installation. They need to be lubed with soapy water so they don’t twist when installed. Also, they have a tapered side that must face the engine. Do not know if you have a service manual, so here is a link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts