Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Gary from Ontario. aka,GV550. 2009 Vulcan Voyager. He sold it last fall with 679,465 kms/ 422,200 miles on it. Was still running fine when he sold it.

Picture of his odometer when he hit 400,000 miles :surprise:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I met Gary this summer. Very nice guy and a riding machine! 422,000 miles on the Vaq and he has two other bikes!

He is the Gary of Gary's Fork Brace if you have seen references to that in other thread.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It would be interesting to know if he changed some parts (from engine, cooling system, injection system ... etc).

If all that he did was only regular mentenance, then is realy WOW !

·
Registered
645 Posts
It would be interesting to know if he changed some parts (from engine, cooling system, injection system ... etc).

If all that he did was only regular mentenance, then is realy WOW !
He was on the second (possibly third) engine when he sold the bike with 679,465 km's (422,199.98 miles) on the clock. I know he had a third engine ready to load around that time, but not sure whether it went in. Apart from those engine changes, just regular maintenance... which included replacing worn out bearings belts & pulleys now & then along with a shop full of tires, oil & filters.

The new owner had a long trip planned the week after he bought it, but I've not seen him on any of the forums I use, yet, to check how he's doing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That bike now has 431,000 miles on it. The new owner completed his month-long tour without issue and is extremely happy with his 'new' ride. When he bought the bike it had a Chicken, Alaska sticker on the trunk and i jokingly told him he had one year to get to Chicken or I was going to remove the sticker, so he and I may be heading to Alaska this summer!
For the record, there was nothing wrong with the original engine when I replaced it at 250k miles, but it was jumping out of second gear due a bent shift fork and it was easier and cheaper to replace the whole lump. The second engine/trans is running fine. I had planned to replace it at 500k just for piece of mind and had already bought a third lump, the new owner has it now and it will be up to him if/when he installs it.
It was and still is a wonderful motorcycle, I miss the big v-twin rumble and creature comforts but I am very happy with my 400 lb lighter Tracer GT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts