Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Trying to figure gas cost for a trip. I ride a 07 Vulcan 1600 Classic. How many miles do yall get to a tank of gas and how many miles do we have after the light goes on.?

·
Registered
251 Posts
My 1600 Nomad is averaging 40 mpg, so 160 miles is when I start looking to refuel. This gives me at least 35 miles. On a trip check a map to know distance between fuel stops and plan accordingly. In some areas gas stations may be quite some distance apart, so you may want to top off sooner so you have enough range to reach the next gas station.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Once you have a sense of your average mpg, you can use https://www.gasbuddy.com/ and it will plan the fuel stops for your whole trip. You have to select a vehicle at the start of the process, and they don't seem to know motorcycles exist, but just pick a car, any car. It will auto-fill mpg's, capacities, and grades of gasoline for the car you selected, but you can override those to make it work for a motorcycle. It even sniffs out the best prices on your route and takes that into account in the planning. Ain't these newfangled computer contraptions amazin'?

You can also see what other 1600 riders are getting for mileage at Fuelly - Track and Compare your MPG.

Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My light mean you better find a station quick. I usually look for gas at about 150 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts