Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm using full synthetic and usually change out between 5,000 and 6,000 miles more out of convenience than anything else. I tend to find, or make, time at the beginning of the season and usually do 5-6 thousand a year.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I run synthetic (Rotella) and change about every 3500, both oil and filter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use the full synthetic Mobil1 and change it once a year. That ususally equates to about 3500-4000 miles. I do change the filter every 6 months and refill with the 1/2 quart that was left from the original oil change.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I run Rotella T6 and change it about every 3k-4k (oil and filter) depending on the time I have to do it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use the full synthetic Mobil1 and change it once a year. That ususally equates to about 3500-4000 miles. I do change the filter every 6 months and refill with the 1/2 quart that was left from the original oil change.
You change the filter more often than the oil? Never heard of that. Not saying it's bad or anything, just something I've never heard of anyone doing before. Is this common?

Kerry

·
Registered
74 Posts
This may sound like I'm throwing my money in the trash, but I change my oil at around 1,500 miles. I don't have that many miles on my new bike yet, but when it hits around 1,500 it will receive another change. Years ago, on a modified KZ1000, I used to change the oil every 800 miles. The reason for this was because it was very high compression, and it was only air-cooled. The reason I will change oil frequently on the Vulcan is because of this Florida heat, and thermal break-down. I swear, every time I stop at a traffic light, the fan is running. The other thing is that I'm quite anal about my vehicles, or possibly O.C.D..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts