Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
06 V2K.jpg

I very much like my Nomad 1700 and plan to use it primarily for 2-up riding with my girl. I’m seriously considering a 06 V2K classic/blk (pictured) 3.7K mile, for sale near me as my second ride. It appears stock other than the aftermarket pipes. With such a plethora of experienced 2000 owners on this board I ask for your collective input on what to look for. Please tell me anything negative I can expect to encounter, I already know the positives. Let me know anything specific to look for unique to the V2K and/or the 2006 model yr. If there are no major inherent issues with this bike, I’d like to get it. I’m 6’4” 240lbs and have much riding experience, mostly on sport bikes. I have the v-twin bug and an available slot in my garage.
Thank you very much in advance for your input,
Joe

·
Registered
240 Posts
The negative's that I've found: the stock seat not real comfortable, the torque causes the rear tire to wear-out prematurely, the belt drive can be noisy, and some have noisy fuel injectors/harmonic balancer "squeal" at 65 to 75 mph. These are mostly "minor" issues, IMHO. Personally, I wouldn't own any other bike!

·
Registered
563 Posts
V2K purchase

I just purchased my 2006 V2K this Spring with 7000 miles on the clock. No belt noise issues for me, tires wear faster than most bikes, LOTS of torque, handles surprisingly well, can even get decent mileage if you can lay off the throttle. Just make sure you don't overfill the oil, and I have stayed away from synthetic - for some reason mine goes through oil when using synthetic oil - regular oil seems to work better in this one for me. I am actually more comfortable than on my old Goldwing, my better half though needs a new seat that I plan to get this winter.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Bangers n Baggers

my second ride. I have the v-twin bug and an available slot in my garage. Joe
J, this be one of the most biggest BANG for yor buck. buy it, ride it, chop it. the only downside is that you don't have room for 2 in your grodge... bang away! out, ponch

·
Registered
40 Posts
seats

Mine is a 2007, new last year, now at 3.5K miles. The seat was changed to an Ultimate with a backrest, and now I can ride all day no pain. Mine got 50 mpg yesterday on 2 lanes Penna. low hills. It can be real fast but is controllable in the city and is quiet. Quiet only if the fule injectors aren't loading up the cylinders to blast you off on the Parkway on ramp! If a bike didn't have this kind of guts I don't think I'd be happy with it. I'm still learning how to turn it on tight country curves. During the Mororcycle Safety Class I scraped the pegs in the rain while doing high speed curves. No problem with it holding the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts